Has anyone heard of ThermaCare? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone heard of ThermaCare? Has anyone heard of ThermaCare?

Unread 04-19-2002, 06:44 PM
Has anyone heard of ThermaCare?

I guess this is a patch that you wear that is an air activated heat patch. It's supposed to relieve muscle aches and pains, but it's also supposed to help relieve menstrual pain. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? The website is www.thermacare.com if anyone is interested. I might give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 07:09 PM

They are wonderful!! Before my hyster, I used to have horrible cramps and back pain almost daily. Some days they were the only things that kept me going.
I believe the package says that they take a half hour to heat up and last 7-8 hours. I could usually feel it in 10-15 minutes and they would last up to 12 hours. (My DH has even used the shoulder ones and loved them)
Good luck!
Susie in Iowa
Unread 04-19-2002, 08:28 PM
Tried It

Sort of... I used the one for your neck and shoulder area.. I was surprised how hot it gets.. not as good as the plug in heating pad... but great portability... I will definitely be using them for the next (AND LAST WOO-HOO) period!

Have a great night...

Kyia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 04:55 AM
My endorsement

Girls,

I just found these wonderful things last month and used one for my cramps. I agree, they are even better than they say. They have adhesive to stick to the inside of your panties, so you can place it right where the cramps are. I felt heat almost immediately and also could still feel it 12 hours later!

It never got too hot, which I don't understand, but I'm not complaining. They advertise them on TV for the shoulders and such, but I found these by the 'feminine products' and they were specifically for menstrual cramps. They come three to a package and I got them at a Navy commissary store, so they were somewhere between $6 and $8 for the pack of three. Well worth it! You should be able to find them in a local drug or grocery store, I would think.

I wish I had found them years ago, although I'm not sure how long they have been out.

Nancy
Unread 04-20-2002, 07:52 AM

Thanks ladies for your responses. I sent my hubby to WalMart last night to get me some and I had one on all night. It felt good. Usually I have pain and cramping waking me up at night. I still had some sharp pains waking me up, but I didn't notice the cramps and I had those all day yesterday. I think I will continue to use them until my surgery. I might also try the neck and back patches since my job is so active(ballet teacher), I'm always having aches and pains. Thanks again
Unread 04-20-2002, 01:09 PM

Thermacare is a great product !
I bought some pre-op, thought they'd be good to have around.
I ended up using them on my back after surgery. They do last about 12 hours, and the great thing is that you are able to be mobile,not pinned to the bed.
I now keep them in the house, as DH is a recent convert.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register