Ouch!!! What did I do???!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ouch!!! What did I do???!!! Ouch!!! What did I do???!!!

Unread 04-19-2002, 07:52 PM
Ouch!!! What did I do???!!!

This evening when I got home from work, I took a nice bubble bath. While I was in the tub, I was lying on my stomach, feeling my fibroids and enlarged uterus through my abdominal wall. (I've started doing this since the stupid things are getting so big. I guess I just need to check and see how much they've grown overnight!) Anyway, I was pressing around and suddenly had an excruitiating pain in my abdomen! It was horrible. And it went on for 15 to 20 minutes. It felt like maybe gas pains, but it was so sudden. Now, five hours later, my tummy is still sore. Ouch! What the heck did I do? I hope I didn't break anything.

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 08:08 PM
Me Too

Don't feel alone.. I did the same thing (not the bathtub :devil while I was laying in bed and felt a sharp pain... I told my Dr about it and he said I might have popped a cyst.. he said no need to worry right now (going in for hyst on May 16) but for God's sake.. don't do it again!

BUT.. you should ask your Dr about it... just call the nurse and ask her.. she may be able to tell you.

Good luck.. and quit poking around!

Best,

Kyia
Unread 04-20-2002, 03:00 AM

I too have an enlarged uterus due to a single large fibroid (about 20cm) and have been spending some time feeling it over the abdomen wall. Felt a sharp pain on the lower left of my abdomen once when I pressed on it (just to see how hard), told my doctor about it and was advised not to do it again, in case I burst the artery or something. But also if there are not bleeding or discharge after that, then don't worry about it. Hope this helps! hongwah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 05:06 AM
Thanks Ladies!

I've definitely learned my lesson. I'm not going to poke around the again!

The pain has eased up somewhat, though my tummy is still sore.

I hope I didn't do any damage. (Though the whole things coming out in a month anyhow.)

Lisa

Unread 04-20-2002, 06:12 AM

Lisa,

Did you have any bleeding or just pain? If you have any bleeding or the pain is still around today, please call your doctor, okay? I hope that there isn't!

Sara
Unread 04-20-2002, 06:25 AM

Hi Sara,

It was just intense pain, no bleeding. It feels some better today, though very tender. I forgot to mention that I did the same thing the night before - didn't have pain, but got suddenly nauseated. Weird, huh. I'm just not going to poke anymore. Lord only knows what's growing in there. I feel like I'm going to pop any time now. My abdomen has gotten so large that I think all my other organs are being pushed up and it's getting hard to take a deep breath anymore. Reminds me of when I was pregnant.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll give my doctor a call Monday just to see what he says.

Lisa

Unread 04-20-2002, 07:01 AM

Lisa,
I had that too, good for you to know that I feel less cramped that way! I have more room now for my bladder, bye bye to going every 5 minutes!

Let us know what the doc says, okay?

Sara
Unread 04-20-2002, 07:20 AM

I don't mean to laugh at your discomfort..because I can so totally RELATE!! I can picture you in the bathtub and doing what I used to do!! I would go through a morning ritual upon awakening ..laying flat on my back and feeling my fibroids. They seemed sometimes to move around or change places. If I pressed on them too much, I too would experience the yucky pain. Then I would spend all day thinking about my fibroids..I was like an obsessed woman with my uterus! I would make my boyfriend feel them just to see his reaction..OOOHHH, UGGGGH...OH JEEZ..
When you have these big lumps poking out, it is really hard to ignore them and not press, touch them!!! Sometimes I felt like I was pregnant too and think "is this bump going to start kicking me now?" The psychological toll was taking its TOLL on me!
Now when I wake up..I feel a slight swelly belly but no more lumps and bumps. Feels darn good!!!
Take care and good luck!!
Unread 04-20-2002, 10:43 AM

Shashi, you are your own worst enemy! Don't you hurt enough without self induced pain? I'm sorry you are still sore; but, you made me laugh!
I suppose you can stick your finger in your eye and pry open wounds too! Things that make we weak!

Take it easy on yourself girl

Maralyn
Unread 04-20-2002, 10:53 AM
HI Ladies

Believe me, I have learned my lesson. No more poking. I don't care how big the get, they're on their own!!!!

I just hope my stomach doesn't :explode: before I get to the castle! What a mess that would make!

Thanks again. I think maybe I should tattoo "NO POKING AROUND!" on my stomach!

Lisa

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register