scar tissue and adhesions ??? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scar tissue and adhesions ??? scar tissue and adhesions ???

Unread 04-19-2002, 11:36 PM
scar tiissue and adhesions ???

I was just wondering how everyone else felt with theses. I was reading and some say burning, a pinching like feeling and other things. I was wondering what they feel like to you all

Mine Burn and give me so much pain I cant hardly walk at times.

I have had 4 csection and my appendix out. I also find this bother me more around my periods. Is this the way for you all too?

Tam Kas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 11:59 PM
scar tissue and adhesions ???

Hi, Tam Kas! I'm sorry you're having pain from your adhesions. There are several theories about why those form, but I don't think anyone knows for certain why some people heal with more adhesions than other people do. Mine were from a gallbladder operation, and they felt more like pinching, but weren't too bad. I'm sure adhesions feel different for each person, depending exactly where they are and what other organs are stuck to them. I do hope your dr is able to get rid of the ones that cause you pain, but there is unfortunately no guarantee that they won't grow back. When your dr sees inside your abdomen, he may be able to see what is causing your pain during periods--it could be something in addition to adhesions? Sending you s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 04-20-2002, 09:33 AM

Hi Tam Kas!

I had tons of adhesions and didn't know until I was told after surgery, so everyone is really different in that respect! I'm sorry you are having pain though, I know how that part feels. I couldn't stand or sit for a long period of time from the pressure that I thought was fibroids...turns out that it was adhesions.

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 08:14 PM
adhesions

helloooooooch- is how i explain my adhesions which i believe came from my ruptured apendix and peritinitis. they feel like a hot cigarette was put to my skin--only inside. the last biggie was i was laying in bed sleeping and i coughed----oh my word---the searing pain. i just curled up and waited for it to abate--it seems like for ever--but i know it is not. i have lived with these for 28 years---they a coming out and that is why i am having a TAH instead of a TVH. i feel for you---good luck, LIW janice72
Unread 04-22-2002, 01:03 PM

I get both sensations, pinching - well, maybe more like when you have a scab and you pick it off (sounds gross I know) - you know, the skin pulling sensation

BUT THE WEIRDEST one is the internal burning!!!! I didn't know what it was so I described it to my doctor as "it feels like someone rubbed Ben Gay on the inside of my belly"

Boy, what a weird sensation - I hate when that happens.
Unread 04-22-2002, 01:09 PM
hi donna1964

i sure do agree with you about the burnning pain--although i have not tryed ben gay internally--LOL i can imagine. take care of those adhesions. loving thoughts-----janice72
Unread 04-22-2002, 01:20 PM
Ben Gay

Had to laugh when I read your description, that is too funny!!
I feel your pain! Really!
That is exactly how I feel SINCE the surgery!!!!
Gee I hope it goes away.
Unread 04-22-2002, 01:43 PM

It's interesting for me to read what everyone has said about this. I was just talking to a friend and told her that I think that I probably have alot of scar tissue in there. When I had a lap a little over a year ago, I had some scar tissue, but my doctor cut it. In the last week or so, my pain has gotten so bad!!!!!! I have finally felt that burning that so many people feel. Sometimes it feels like my ovaries and uterus are tied up in knots. I get that pinching feeling that a few of you mentioned like when I sneeze, cough, stand up too quickly, laugh, stretch out in bed, etc..........I am predicting that when my doctor opens me up, he will find a good amount of adhesions in me. I'll be surprised if he doesn't.
Unread 04-22-2002, 01:50 PM
Massive adhesions from c-sections

I have a massive amount of adhesions that were found when I had a laparoscopy done in February. I get unbearable pain from them that seems to keep getting worse. It is so bad that my Dr. couldn't even get in to do any cleaning out. My uterus is adhered to my abdominal wall, my right ovary is adhered partially to my bowel, and my left ovary where all the pain is...he couldn't even find it. I have some other problems as well so we decided that I need to have a hysterectomy which is scheduled for this Friday. I can't wait to get it over with because I also suffer from heavy bleeding and morning sickness like nausea.
Unread 04-23-2002, 05:40 AM

I to had tons of adhesions and scar tissue, I think due to two c-sections and a tubal. Had my TAH a week ago and received the pathology report yesterday. Tubes and ovaries were all stuck together as a result. I describe my pain as constant tugging and pinching all through the month, but especially bad during ovulation and period time. Best wishes to all of you facing surgery. Although I was nervous and apprehensive, I am positive it is the best thing I have done for myself in a long time.

Susan

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register