Well, it's happening!!!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well, it's happening!!!!!! Well, it's happening!!!!!!

Unread 04-20-2002, 03:27 AM
Well, it's happening!!!!!!

Hi Ladies-

Well, it's happening!!!!!! Fears are setting in!!!!! Ten days to go and I'm starting to get worried. Worried that things are not as bad as I think they are and that I dont really need this done although the pains tell me different. Worried that something is going to go wrong due to other health problems I have -- high blood pressure -- worried about a stroke or something, and asthma -- afraid I will stop breathing. I know there will be skilled people watching me so those things dont happen so I need to stop worrying about that!!! I'm also worried about post-op I know everyone is different and not knowing how I will be afterwards is concerning me. I will have my mom there and we are trying to figure out how long I will need her around and I don't know I keep telling her maybe I wont need her too much but I also told her I know I wont want her to leave me!!! LOL Not like she lives so far away (about 10 miles) But I worry about something going wrong and I'll be here all alone WAAAAA! I know I'm being a baby and I've been so good up to this point! I just tell my dh that I'm getting nervous not telling him what is going through my mind although I really think he knows cause he knows how I am. This may sound strange but I'm not afraid of dying...if it happens its my time is how I think of it its just the plan but Im afraid of leaving everyone behind and how they will be if I'm gone. The stroke is a fear I've always had because I dont want to be left here as a vegetable and have people having to care for me in that state. Ok I have rambled on enough about my scary morbid thoughts. I know I need to get my butt into chat so you wonderful ladies can help me out as you always have through the tough times I've had here maybe I will get over myself and get in there soon!!!!!

Love and hugs!
Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 04:40 AM

Jo - I don't know what to say to ease your mind. I guess I didn't have that many worries that only you know now. Just wanted to pass along s
Unread 04-20-2002, 07:06 AM

Well fellow sister i can honestly say all of us have had these feelings, it is not morbid it is human nature to be scared of dying. I am 30 and i have endo. cysts and adenomyosis. I have been in pain so long i don't even remember what it is like to have a day without complaining of something hurting. I am 5 days from my surgery and i have to say i have those same thoughts every now and then, just remember it is all in Gods hands, trust him and let go of those sad feelings that are bogging you down, think of all the wonderful things you can do once your healed from this surgery, focus on that. I suppose if it helps hand write a living will and go get it notarized. I have asthma also and it is pretty bad and i have never had a problem in surgery. I hope i helped. If you are still feeling sad we are all here for you, ok. God bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 09:45 AM

Jo ! Heather !

I know how it feels to be scared, I was! I think that we all, we are human!

In the castle at pre-op they gave me a living will to sign. Do they do that at yours as well?

Try and relax, easier said than done, huh? Try and get the things in order for your recovery, I found that took my mind off of the surgery and helped a lot! I also talked to my "A" guy the night before and eased my mind so much, I slept all night!

Email is always on if you want to talk...

Sara
Unread 04-20-2002, 05:15 PM
:hug:

JO,

Take a deep breath and relax. We all have the same concerns as you do.

I have high blood pressure also. I came through my surgery just fine. I was told by the "A" man to take one of my pills the morning of surgery. I take Calan and Hytrin morning and night and Lopressor at night. I also had to do this with my D&C in January. I took my regular pills the night of surgery when I went to bed and they continued my regular doses. I was also able to bring my own pills with me to the castle. My DR just wrote it in the orders for me to take them.

I was also asked about a living will at my pre-op. I have one already, so they just made a copy of it for their files. Also talk to your DH. Let him know your concerns. I am sure he will give you a big

Take care and I will say some prayers for you.

Unread 04-21-2002, 12:57 AM
Go Girl

Jo

Just had to drop in and give you a big ((((((((JO)))))))).

Yahoo, the waiting game has almost finished. I don't have the high blood pressure, but I do have the asthma. I took my puffers to hospital with me and they were written up on my medical chart. I used them the whole time pre op.

When I was in the holding area for OR, they discovered I didn't have my puffers with me. Dr wanted me to use puffers just before going into OR. Well, then I had to wait while nurse rang down and got my pufferes sent up to me. All went really well.

Catch you in chat before you go.

More hugs and best wishes.

Gail
Unread 04-21-2002, 09:55 AM
Fears

Jo,
We have the samesurgery date! The waiting is getting hard for me too. I have two small kids who haven't had much of a mom lately because of the pain and bleeding. I just can't wait to get this over with, but at the same time I am terrified. I've had surgeries before, but not on this scale. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and I hope our day at the castle means smooth sailing from now on!

TareLee
TAH 4/30/02 for endo, fibroids and possible adeno

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register