MRI...anyone? Very worried! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MRI...anyone? Very worried! MRI...anyone? Very worried!

Unread 04-20-2002, 03:09 PM
MRI...anyone? Very worried!

Hi ladies, need your help again! I have been going crazy worrying about my MRI scan which I had yesteday. After the scan they refused to tell me the results and told me to get it form my dr. The radiologist was there, but would not tell me much and the evasiveness is really getting to me. I have been worrying about it ever sinced yesterday and will have to wait for the following Tuesday for my appointment with my gynae. I will definitely call his office on Monday and hopefully I would be able to see him next Tuesday instead. I already have had an ultrasound and pelvic scan, so why other with the MRI if they are seeing they same thing, that's my uterus. The dr. has already recomended a TAH, so I am just wondering what are they looking for with the MRI that they cannot detect using the ultrasound? I asked the radiologist if she can see my ovaries and she said that she did not see anything abnormal there but was worried about my bladder then she quickly said that she'll have a report out to my dr. and I'll be hearing from him. Well, so here I am, worried over 'what may' and 'what will' for the weekend! Sorry for being so long winded but I can't seem to think of anything else today but the scan! Had a bad headache and backache as well....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 04:37 PM
Hi Hongwah

I am so sorry you are feeling so scared. I know there is alot that goes through our minds at this time. For the most part we worry about alot of things that turn out to be okay.

I am afraid I don't know why they do MRI's and what they look for. It is possible that the radiologist is not allowed to tell the patients anything. That the reports need to be reviewed by the doctor and he will discuss them with you.

When I had my ultrasounds the technician did not tell me anything either.

Perhaps someone will come along and give you some further information for you.

In the meantime please try and relax a bit. Let us know when you get some answers, okay?

Unread 04-21-2002, 10:45 AM

Hi Hongwah, I really don't have anything to say, other than I understand this waiting game you're going thru. I keeping having a test, that leads to the need for another test, which is only delaying the inevitable..

I'm bumping this back up hoping someone who's had an mri can shed some light..

Good luck and let us know..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2002, 11:02 AM

Dear Hongwah,

I had an MRI many months before my hyst, when my primary care doctor was trying to determine why I had lower back pain. The technician couldn't tell me anything, even though nothing was found on the MRI. I also had to wait for my doctor to call me and discuss it with him - that's hard to do when you're nervous already, I know.

Please try not to worry too much before you can talk to the doctor - and please let us know what you find out when you do talk to him.

's

Karen
Unread 04-21-2002, 11:15 AM
MRI scan

MRI is a new imaging technique that is used to help diagnose adenomyosis. AS far as the technologists or the radiologists not saying anything to you at the time of your scan, they really aren't supposed to. MRI scans are very complex scans to read and even the radiologists have to take additional special training to be qualified to read them. They probably didn't want to say anything right away until they had the time to really look the scan over.

Hope this helps.
Unread 04-21-2002, 12:14 PM

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I know that I sounded real silly, but it has been going round and round my head, wondering if they are seeing more than expected and not wanting to say anything until my dr. talk to me about it! Anyway, I will be calling up for an appointment on Tuesday and hopefully he would be able to see me. He'd probably will think that I am a silly woman too! Thank again and take care!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register