Excess Fat | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-20-2002, 04:16 PM
Excess Fat

Just wondering if any of your surgeons removed excess tummy fat during your surgery. If so, did you have to pay extra and how much was removed. If I suggest it to my doctor, do you think he'll go for it?

Thanks,

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Sashi

I hope you don't mind that I am getting a chuckle out of this. I was hoping for a free tummy tuck. I understand they will do one but they would bring in the plastic surgeon and add $5,000 to your bill which the insurance company probably would not be to happy to cover. Darn!
So it would be nice if they would remove a little fat while they are in there but I don't think so. Nice try. Let us know what the doc says if you ask.

Unread 04-20-2002, 07:45 PM
fat

hi-- i asked my doctor to remove my fat and extra skin!!! she said to me i do not do lypo-- so i came back with --excess skin- she said let me see. i showed her and told her that i planned on loosing weight in the 3 months till my surgery. we set a goal weight and she said she would see. my surgery is set for july 10th. i am pre cancerous--uterus and cervix, cystocele and rectocele, adheisions !!!!!!!!!!!!! i am dieting and losing 4 lbs a week---i can and will do it. i will be healthier and lighter for my surgery--a plus for me--i hope. good luck HS, LIW-janice72
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 08:46 PM
Excess Fat

Hey Shashi!

Another sister wrote recently about pretending, when asked, that she was actually scheduled for a breast enlargement, just in case they'd throw that in.

About 5 years ago, I lost 65 lbs and my belly has never quite recovered (abmasters only do so much) On top of that, I had a laparoscopy when I was heavier and my belly is kind of puckered.

In Canada, surgery is not fee-based so, I'm thinking of asking my 'Gorgeous Gynecologist' to feel free to be the plastic surgeon of his dreams. I don't think it can hurt to try!!

Colour me vain,

Cecee
Unread 04-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Excess Fat

Hi Shashi,

Look on page 2, Roni was doing a thread on it a few days ago. My doctor was against it, it lengthens the surgery and recovery and it is hard to tell if you're having tummy tuck pain or internal surgery pain afterwards. The OB/Gyns probably don't care to have their patient open for anything else except their surgery and I wouldn't blame them.
Some sisters have had it done and their threads are posted back a bit. Try the search button for tummy tuck.

Good luck with your decision.

Maralyn

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register