I know it's been said....but | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I know it's been said....but I know it's been said....but

Unread 04-20-2002, 07:05 PM
I know it's been said....but

I want all the sisters here to know how much I have appreciated the support and posts. I have a week and a half to go before my surgery and I thought I was handling it very well until last Wednesday. My nerves kicked in to HIGH gear! I have been glued to this site and the encouragement is better than I could get anywhere else.

My DH is the best but he really doesn't understand how I feel and you ladies do!

My main fear is the pain and the catheter!!!! I have had a c-section and had the catheter but I am having a bladder tack with my TAH and was told I may have to take the catheter home with me! I'm NOT looking forward to that. I will stay on top of the pain with pain pills as often as I can take them the first few days.

I just wanted to let you princesses know how much I have appreciated your responces to posts.

This web-site is the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 07:29 PM

I know how you feel. My TAH is a month away. I was very anxious at first, but I found this site and I am extremely calm, for now!!! I also had a C-section and a catheter for 3 days after. But that was 13 years ago and I was younger then.

So, because of many of the ideas on this site, I have been treating this as getting ready for a trip. I know it sounds crazy, but I went and bought a new nightgown and bathrobe. I also bought some perfume. Little by little, I am getting ready. I am also trying to walk 5 miles a day. Due to hot weather, I have been walking in the Mall (Not such a good idea).

Anyway, I agree, finding this site was the best thing for me.

Take care and God Bless!!!
Unread 04-20-2002, 07:30 PM

Hi Pam,

I am glad that you have been helped and reassured by reading and posting here - I agree with you, that all the sisters here who care about each other is what makes this site so wonderful. I found it the night before my surgery, and wished that I had found it earlier, because I had so many unanswered questions.

Please try not to worry about being in pain. Your doctor will order pain medication to be given to you right away and you will have pain pills to take at home. If you haven't already done so, please talk to your doctor to let him know that you are worried, so that he can tell you what he plans to order for you.

As far as the catheter, I didn't have the same procedure as you, and mine was removed in the hospital before I came home, but I do know that other ladies have had to come home with them. If you have any problem with yours, after you're back home, be sure to call your doctor, but also post on the post-op board where ladies who have had their hysters will be able to give you their experiences.

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery.

's

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register