Chatroom Shyness | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chatroom Shyness Chatroom Shyness

Unread 04-20-2002, 08:04 PM
Chatroom Shyness

I've been reading (and responding) to posts on the message board for a couple of weeks now and have gained so much from all the information and support I've found there.

Tonight for the first time I entered the chatroom (thinking I could just lurk and take some time to figure it all out - I'm an internet greenhorn) but was so warmly welcomed that I just wanted to tell every other LIW what a great experience it was. Go try it.
What a warm and lovely place.

Cecee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 08:14 PM
Chatroom Shyness

(((((((Cecee)))))))) We're so glad you came in! You're right, all the ladies in Chat are warm, caring, funny and giving. And they give great hugs too!

Please keep coming back and before you know it you'll lose the shyness and be as addicted as the rest of us.

s and love,
Kim
Unread 04-20-2002, 08:20 PM
Chatroom Shyness

I agree with Kimmie.
I was so pleased to meet you tonight cece. Its always great to meet another Canadian here.
Do keep coming to the chat room. The love and support there is awsome, that is where I kept my sanity pre op and hope you will to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 09:34 PM
Chatroom Shyness

Cecee,

Glad to hear you had a good experience in the chat room. I got there with no problem. I have never, never been to one before. I was so overwhelmed with the speed, the names, the colors of print, that I could not figure out what I was to do! Everyone was chatting and all these different subjects were flying around and I couldn't keep up...then I was politely greeted but I couln't respond! Someone kept asking me if I was still there. I didn't leave my computer, I was just sitting there trying to figure everything out and then I got to laughing and knew I'd wet my pants so I got off quickly. It was the best time I'd had in awhile. You can tell, I don't get out much. Home with the pads and motrin!!!!

Anyway, someday I will get up the nerve to try it again.

Maralyn
Unread 04-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Chatroom Shyness

((((Cecee))))
It was great meeting you tonight. I am so very happy you came in.
You are right, all the ladies in the Chat Room are just wonderful.
I do hope that you come back lots.

((((Maralyn))))
Please do come back, sometime's it can get to moving kind of fast. If you want to just sit and read, just let us know and we will leave you alone. We just want to make sure that no one is feeling left out. Also the more you go in there, the faster you will get, you will be a pro in no time.

I hope both of you will come back often.

Love & Great Big s
Unread 04-21-2002, 12:22 AM
Chatroom Shyness

Cecee

So glad you made it to the chat room. It took me a month to figure out how to get there. Once I did manage it, I was like you I was going to sit back and just watch, but everyone kept asking questions and I just had to answer. In no time at all I was hooked. All these wonderful ladies to talk to real time and to get advice from.

Now at 4 months post I am still there most days for a little while (to get my daily fix).

Between the message boards and chat room, this site saved my sanity those first weeks post op.

Regards and best wishes, catch you in chat.

Gail
aka buckkieofoz
aka HSChat Gail
Unread 04-21-2002, 09:59 AM
Chatroom Shyness

Cecee,

So glad you found us! We'll be there for you every step of the way until you go to the castle. And, you'll get so addicted you'll keep coming back even after you are a healed princess!

Maralyn,

Please try us again. I have found that days are usually not quite as fast as nights - chat is open 24 hours a day but hosted between 11 and 1 CST. Try it sometime when it isn't quite so crowded and you'll get used to it easier. Hope you come back!

And to all the LIW's that haven't visited us - come join us!

Hugs to all,
Unread 04-21-2002, 12:02 PM
Chatroom Shyness

(((((Cecee)))))

I'm so glad you found your way to the Chat Room!! I wish I was there to give you a "WELCOME" shout! We love meeting new ladies in the room. As soon as you get used to it, you'll be making solid friendships there and you'll find that there will always be an abundance of love and hugs to go around...even some cyber brownies too!

(((((Maralyn)))))

The room can go quite fast some nites. I agree with Mary Sue, try to come and visit during the day when it is a little bit slower. Don't be afraid to sit back and read until you get used to it, and don't be suprised if you get a Private Message asking if you are okay, we like checking on ladies to make sure everything is okay with them.

I don't think you'd be able to find a more supportive Chat Room anywhere else on the net. The ladies that frequent the Room are very warm, caring, loving, and helpfull. So to everyone, whether you are a Lady In Waiting or a Punctured Princess...PLEASE come in and visit with us!!

Hope to see you there!

Love & Hugs,
Unread 04-21-2002, 02:05 PM
Chatroom Shyness

I didn't get the pleasure of meeting you, but I wanted to welcome you as well. The chat room is great, we have a great group of ladies there. I look forward to meeting you.

's
Unread 04-21-2002, 05:44 PM
Chatroom Shyness

Thanks, everyone! I most certainly intend to return.

Maralyn,
I do know what you mean. At one point I was talking to someone about my old neighbourhood in Toronto and caught that someone else's husband had just lost his job. I told the sister I was communicating with that it felt strange to be having a light chat while that was also going on and she said that in time you get used to many conversations flying around at once.

As I think I mentioned, I'm an internet greenhorn and so I expect to be slow and kind of naive - everyone was very kind and understanding about that. I do hope that you decide that it's worth trying again and we can chat!!

Cecee

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register