Bi-cornate Uterus (among other contributing factors)and Hyst | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bi-cornate Uterus (among other contributing factors)and Hyst Bi-cornate Uterus (among other contributing factors)and Hyst

Unread 04-20-2002, 08:37 PM
Bi-cornate Uterus (among other contributing factors)and Hyst

Hi All,

I'm amazed, after being around for only a few days, at the wealth of information! I've been trying to digest it all, and be completely prepared for my doc's appt. on Tuesday. That is the day I get my surgery date and find out all of the pre-op procedures.

One of the factors behind my hysterectomy is that I have a bicornate uterus that has caused me grief since I began having periods when I was 12. I've just recently turned 30. Along with this I've heavy bleeding that hasn't subsided for several months, cysts, D&Cs that don't help, the list goes on and on....but they believe I may have an extra ovary. How's that for a kicker? *wink*

I'm curious if any other women here have had a bicornate uterus?

I'm also wondering what additional questions I should ask my doctor, other than the ones I have found onsite? Are there some that may be less well known that can better prepare me to communicate with my doc? He's great and offers me alot of information, BUT knowledge is power and I'm wanting to be well versed!!!

Thanks in advance y'all. I feel silly asking these questions, but I know it's the only way to learn!

I swear my blood pressure has gone up with all the stress since I found out I was going to need this surgery. I'm not a headache kind of person, and I've been living with one!! ARGGHHH!!! The DH is being SO understanding with my foggy memory and mood swings, ...but how can I relax...before I make him nuts??

Thanks,
Joby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 10:47 PM

Don't know about bicornate uterus -- never heard of it before. I hope other ladies can answer that.

Regarding relaxation, you can do deep breathing or meditation, take hot baths, or dig into some really strenuous physical activity (like a workout) to burn off extra energy. Those all worked to some degree for me.

Good luck, and hang in there.

Melissa
Unread 04-21-2002, 12:19 PM
Hi Joby

Here are a couple of links to past posts that discuss bi-cornate uterus. I hope this helps.

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...cornate+uterus

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...cornate+uterus

As far as relaxing here are a few ideas: long walks, bubble baths, relaxation tapes, massage, reading here at HS , doing all the things you like to do. Start the pampering early!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2002, 12:24 PM

Hi Joby and welcome to Hyster Sisters!

Have you looked at the pull-down menus yet? You can find them at Hyster Sisters and scroll down that main page. There are tons of things there that added to my vast list of questions I took to the pre-op.

Sara
Unread 04-21-2002, 04:20 PM

Thanks for those links!! I figured out how to do a search AFTER I posted..lol. You're very sweet to help!!!!

As far as those pull down menus...I've been living by them. My DH doesn't like to sit at the computer with me, so I printed almost everyone of them out for him to read at his leisiure!!!

Thanks Y'all,
Joby

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register