New to this site ... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to this site ... New to this site ...

Unread 04-21-2002, 05:22 PM
New to this site ...

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm scheduled for my hysterectomy on 05-06-2002. I'm not looking forward to it, but will certainly be glad to get it over with. This looks like it'll be a great place for information and support. I'm looking forward to exploring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2002, 06:04 PM
New to this site ...

and welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

I hope you take a look around at all the pull-down menus that are on the main page. Hyster Sisters There is a lot of good information that helped me get my questions ready for pre-op!

Email is always on if you need anything!

Sara
Unread 04-21-2002, 08:04 PM
New to this site ...

Welcome Dee!
This site is the best...full of support and information! I found it 1 month before my surgery (2 weeks before I got my date)...I am now 5 days post op and still come back here every day! I can honestly say after only 5 days that I am glad I had the hyst...pain is not bad today and I emotionally feel better than I have in years! Hope all goes well with you...keep reading and posting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2002, 04:59 AM
New to this site ...

DfromGA,
I found this site about a month ago. I am having my surgery May 24th. It is great.....the stories, people, everything. It helps making choices...hearing other people and their choices. I have only written a few times but have read hours at a time. Enjoy it! Jlo
Unread 04-22-2002, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the welcome ...

Well, it took me going through three replies to my post before I noticed the reply button at the bottom of the page! So now I finally know how to post a reply! Until now, I've been emailing my replies. Oh well, live & learn.

Thanks so much for the welcome. My surgery is 2 weeks from today. Will yours be abdominal, mine is.

I've already gotten great advice to prepare for my surgery. I know to have Gas-X & Senecot on hand. I participated in a chat last night that was quite a hoot! I loved it!

I'm really looking forward to exploring the entire site.

Thanks again!
Unread 04-22-2002, 06:13 AM
New to this site ...

Oh Dee!
I"m sorry I missed chat last night. I don't type very fast so sometimes I just go there to "listen". ( gives me a good belly laugh ) Anyway.. you found this before your surgery and that's great. I was post-op and just needed to see if I could find something (anything) on recovery because I wasn't sure how I should feel at any given point. I also had a sister-in-law who went shopping ( with me,of course), 3 DAYS after her TAH 6 years ago, so WEEKS later I thought I was a total wimp or there was something dreadfully wrong with me. I now know she was very fourtunate not to have hurt herself. The pull downs on this site are a mind saver. My DH says I'm addicted to this site. I'm 3 months post-op and have to check on everyone at least once a day. ( that's a lie!..more then once!) Enjoy your reading, and welcome! Karlene
Unread 04-22-2002, 06:42 AM
Thanks Karlene (what a neat name!)

Thanks for responding! I am learning, both on this site and through friends/family that behaving during the post-op recovery is vital. I tend to be the care giver to everyone around me and I'm just going to have to adjust to the fact that I'll be the receiver for a change. I think that will be the hardest part for me. I do have a past experience with surgery to learn from. I had my gall bladder removed several years ago and 3 days later went Christmas shopping because I thought I was fine ... However, it really set me back in my recovery and I paid dearly for being foolish. Hopefully I'll remember that after this surgery if I get any more hair-brained ideas!

You're right ... the chat was hilarious! I really enjoyed it.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register