Only 10 days! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Only 10 days! Only 10 days!

Unread 04-21-2002, 08:27 PM
Only 10 days!

I found this site about 2 weeks ago and have quietly been taking this all in. I go to the "castle" May 1 and it seems the questions keep coming. I have been amazed at how many women in my circle of friends and acquaintances have had the big "H"! I hear different things from all of them but all agreed that it is the best decision they made...without exception! I am having TVH , get to keep left ovary! My surgery is to help with horrendous periods and an unexplained knock-me-to-the-floor pain in my right side that they believe is from a tilted uterus...my right ovary is a mess too... Scared? Maybe! Okay...yes. Timing of this is critical and with lots of things going on 10 and 16 days post I worry that I will do TOO MUCH and I am already trying to take care of things to maybe help with that! Enough for now! Guess I am more rattled than I thought!
Miss Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2002, 08:31 PM
Only 10 days!

Lots of things going on 10 and 16 days post op? For sure do all that you can now to lessen the things you have to do then. It will serve two purposes 1) keeping busy keeps mind on other things, pre op for me was a killer. I was so scared and anxious. 2) It will help you keep rested post op. I am out of castle since tues 16th and still not a lot I can do. Again, do as much before surgery as you can because after you need to rest rest rest Best wishes to you. Let us know how it goes.
Unread 04-21-2002, 08:33 PM
Hi Miss Lori

Hey Sweetie rattled is normal we all get that way. If you can help make things better post-op now I would go ahead and do them. You will need all that time to heal. You will have a lot to heal inside even though you will feel good the inside is still healing. Just take one day at a time. And each woman will have a different story because each of our surgeries are different. Take deep breathes now and try to calm down and of course that is easier said than done. I was a nervous wreck. The hardest part is the waiting. Keep posting and go into to chat. God Bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2002, 08:34 PM
Welcome Miss Lori!

Hi Miss Lori,

Welcome to HysterSisters.

I too have talked with many women at work who have also had this surgery and without exception, everyone of them also said that it was the best decision they ever made.

The waiting is definitely the worst part of the whole ordeal. I'm not sure I can survive the next month until my castle trip! Time just seems to be dragging like snails carrying lumber uphill through frozen mud! I'll be nuts by May 23!!!

Anyway, best wishes. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa
Unread 04-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Only 10 days!

HELLO, MISS LORI !!!!
I TO AM HAVING MY SURGERY ON MAY 1, I AM A NERVOUS WRECK !!!! I HAD MY PRE-OP APPT. LAST WEEK , THE DR. SAID IT WAS A GO AND THAT HE WOULD SEE ME ON WED. THE 1ST. I THINK THIS SITE IS A GOD SEND......... WELL GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
MAYBE WE CAN TALK AFTER THE BIG DAY.... TALK TO YA LATER OK ?

:HUGS!!! HUGS!!!!!HUGS!!!:

HONEYBEARMISS
Unread 04-21-2002, 09:39 PM
Miss Lori and Honeybearmiss

I'll be joining both of you on May 1st. I am looking foreward to my hyst and can't wait until it is over. I teach junior high and this is the worst possible time of the year to miss = state testing, etc= but my health is important. Hope to talk with both of you after the big day - or again before if you like.

Judy
Unread 04-28-2002, 03:48 AM
Only 3 days!!

Thank you for the encouraging words. I have been on a wonderful 4 day trip with DH to Mexico! I unpacked and have started to do final plans for the trip to the "castle" 5-1-02. Loved the suggestions on getting the room ready where I will be doing the most of recovery. Have been working on getting 3 weeks of schedules done for employees and getting the home cleaned up, groceries bought, etc. Ladies ministry at church is planning meals to bring in. Seems like things are still a go and more organized...so why am I up on this site at 5:32 AM!?!!? The main reason I am awake is one of the reasons I am having this surgery done in the first place - BIG-wake-me-up from sleep pain in right side! Took 2 Advil and am trying to get settled so I can catch a couple more winks before time to go to church. Nervous and excited all at the same time. How can so many emotions go on at the same time? Ha! I go in Monday (hubby by my side) for the pre-op and then will spend Tuesday doing last minute stuff at home & business and Wednesday - get this over with. My computer is on the second floor so I will have trouble posting for a few days post-op! Will think of you, pray for me and best wishes to other sisters who join me on "May Day"! More flowers!!
Questions at this point seem a mute point as I am just READY to go and be done with it...but this site has been awesome and reassuring. Thanks so much!

Love,
Miss Lori
Unread 04-28-2002, 04:04 AM
MIss Lori Pain in the side

I too was woken up by that wonderful excruciating side pain this morning. I felt I should just get up already before tossing and turning wakes hubby. Poor guy. I just keep telling myself....soon, very soon the pain will be gone for good.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register