Emotions | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-21-2002, 08:55 PM
Emotions

Hi to all my Sisters !!

I went to Dr. on April 11 and he thought I needed surgery soon. We ended up with May 2 at 12:00p.m. for date. I have been so rushed thinking about school (even though I am young I am going back for second time) getting finals out of the way preparing home and children (4,3,1 yrs). I have noticed over the last few days I am a emotional roll-a-coster!!! I usually don't act like this-- what is going on ? Is it the surgery ? I have these moods and emotions and feelings and I can not help them or stop them. Yesterday, for instance, I was in a bad mood and there was nothing I could do. I knew I was and my husband tried to help , but to no avail he just mad me more ill. Is this common? And one other question---- I know this is mojor surgery, but I don't think I understand exactally how major. I was totally informed on the subject and have talked to women and after I read some of the post it sounds like 2 different things. I am just trying to make it less scary to myself or what ? I am having Partial VH for cysts (he hopes to laser ovaries and leave one) Prolapse, the adenomyosis, and length and pain during periods and what now seems to be all the time I just finally got brave and told the DR. after my third child !

Mandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2002, 09:31 PM
hystariaat21 surgery May 2

I'm new as of today to hyster sisters. My surgery is May 8th and as it gets closer i'm getting scared and yes I am moody.

I'm afraid of what happens afterwards.

anyway i'm going to try to chat if i can figure it out..lol..I want more women to help me with what happens afterwards.

My biggest fear is loss of sex drive.

Good luck to you and God Bless
Unread 04-21-2002, 09:35 PM
Hi Mandy

Yes, it is the surgery. You sound perfectly normal to me. The pending surgery seems to put all of us on an emotional rollercoaster for awhile. Usually until the castle date.
Even if we think we are coping I think subconsciously there is alot going on. It is natural to have some fears and they get expressed in different ways.
Try to take it easy on yourself, cry when you need to, and do all the things that make you feel better and more relaxed.
Keep reading and posting as it should bring you some peace of mind. And the chat room is great for lot's of extra support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2002, 07:57 AM
Emotions

I too am due to visit the castle on May 2nd, and I have been dealing with the same things!
Can't sleep, irratable, crying for no reason, etc. These just seem to be the things that happen with this surgery!
My biggest scare is the fact that I will not be having surgery until almost 3:00 in the afternoon so I know I'm gonna be a nervous wreck! Will probably try to get into chat that day if I can keep hubby off the computer!
The past day or so I have noticed that I am "nesting" like I did when I was pregnant with my boys (now 19 and 9).
Well I guess I'm just rambling now....another thing I have been doing a lot of! but we are in this together!
Feel free to ask as many questions as you want to or just vent here! The ladies are amazing!
I'll keep you in my thoughts as we cross this bridge together!
s

Janet a.k.a. bassinfam in chat
Unread 04-22-2002, 08:05 AM
Emotions

Janet
I wish I felt like nesting. I am doing finals in school and when I am not I am taking care of someone. My DC are so young (4,3,1). I can not wait now. I am worried about it. My mother will be in Hawaii and so will my grandmother so I am a little nervous about that. I ramble too. I will see about the boards on the 2 but I to be at the castle at 8:30 a.m. anyone know why so early? We can cross this bridge together. Where are you from so that I can pray for my friend in ________. That day
Best Wishes and God Bless!!
Unread 04-22-2002, 08:17 AM
Emotions

You need to go in that early for surgery prep hon. They will start you IV, do any needed bloodwork, ect. You will probably meet your anestheisiologist at that time as well if you haven't earlier.
I'm in California, feel free to email me if you wish, as I am usually on and off line much of the day during the week.
:email: forest@inreach.com

Janet
Unread 04-22-2002, 08:22 AM
Emotions

Hi Deasister and welcome to Hyster Sisters! s!!

Mandy, you are totally normal in your reactions. Have you visited the pull-down menus on the main page yet? There is so much information on this site! www.hystersisters.com and scroll down to the menus.

I had to be at the castle 3-4 hours before surgery. They need that long to get everything done!

Email is always on~

Sara
Unread 04-22-2002, 09:06 AM
Emotions

Mandy,

I had the wildest emotional weekend! Surgery is today and all weekend I could not believe the emotions I was having. I finally called a friend and when I started to cry I immediately felt better. Tears release stress hormones and I must have had a lot of them. I feel like I got off the roller coaster this morning and now I am ready to move forward and have surgery. Hang in there! It is normal and all the sisters have great ideas and sooo much wonderful support!!
Take care,
Ingrid
Unread 04-22-2002, 10:58 AM
Emotions

Hi everybody,
I am new here too. I think this is a wonderful site and I am glad I found it...I just now got the nerve to post.
My doc hasnt scheduled my hysterectomy yet but it will probably be around the first part of June...will let you all know when the exact date is.
When they did my scope last week, I was a wreck too. My dh had to point it out to me one nite...I think it was the night before that surgery.
Anyway, I did have alot going on that week too which didnt help. I got really upset at everybody because I wanted my house clean beforehand so I wouldnt have to recouperate in a pig-sty. I ended up doing everything myself till my dh made me relax and he finished cleaning the house for me.
I had really never had any surgery done recently, 'cept for the c-section 12 years ago, so I was understandably nervous. I am really looking forward to getting the TAH/BSO over with. I will probably get somewhat cranky due to my nerves again before the next surgery but I think they all understand why. My dh said he would be there for me, whatever I needed. This would not be the case if all this was occuring about 10 years ago.
When my dh brought me home after the scope, he took me by my best friends house, which I thought was really sweet of him, and he took really good care of me. My best friend did also, she came and stayed with me when he had to be at work. This gives me hope for after the next surgery. I am always the one that does everything around here....cleaning, cooking, etc. I just wish I would get the same help even if I wasnt recovering.
It sure will be nice when I get to know all of you......I have looked all over this site, many times and there is alot of great info here. Glad this place is here.
I have the AIM downloaded but not sure how to use it yet.

P.S. Can you ask the hospital not to let certain people visit you there? Outside of not letting someone know when my surgery is scheduled, how can I keep her away? This particular person lives close by me and she drives me nuts...

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register