LSH HORRIFFIC low back pain x 2 weeks (started 6 weeks post-hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HORRIFFIC low back pain x 2 weeks (started 6 weeks post-hysterectomy) HORRIFFIC low back pain x 2 weeks (started 6 weeks post-hysterectomy)

Unread 12-11-2014, 04:33 PM
HORRIFFIC low back pain x 2 weeks (started 6 weeks post-hysterectomy)

Hi, All,

I am seriously ready to start bawling. I just don't know what to do. At 6 weeks post-op, my lower back had started hurting. Continuously, horrifficly, worse than I have ever had before. If feels like my SI joints are REALLY out of place.

History: At (say) 5 weeks, 6 days post-op, I had no surgical pain. No weird terrible pain. Then the next day, it began.

I have fibro, CFS, POTS, (and am suffering from the rest of the alphabet in one way or another, it seems. Sorry, a little humor. Trying not to lose it).

As soon as the pain set in, I returned to my chiropractor. They do an adjustment, then massage, then ultrasound, then muscle stim with moist heat. I always feel a little better (for a VERY short period of time) when I leave. But the pain soon returns. I've been having therapy nearly daily for over a week.

Sometime around 5+ weeks post-op, my wonderful 75 pound puppy was running and playing and leaped through the air and landed on my stomach (lower, pelvic area) and at first, hurt REALLY bad (like when you get punched in the stomach) but then went away a little while later. I called my surgeon. She wasn't concerned. I have messaged with my neurologist (who is concerned) and wants me to see the PA who is usually available for urgent matters, but she's isn't open until JANUARY 21!!! I have lost faith in my PCP. I've messaged a couple friends, both practitioners and I've asked either one of them to take me on as a patient (can't get through on the phone...grrrr) and am waiting to hear back from them.

If ANYONE has any info that might be helpful. Please message me. Any similar experiences. Any solutions, please share.

When I say I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of to help the pain, I mean that.

Here's hoping someone has a good piece of info for me. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Re: HORRIFFIC low back pain x 2 weeks (started 6 weeks post-op)

Kidney stones??
Unread 12-11-2014, 07:41 PM
HORRIFFIC low back pain x 2 weeks (started 6 weeks post-hysterectomy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAHug View Post
Kidney stones??
No. It's no where near my kidneys. Think lower. Low waisted undies are even higher than the pain. Its always where my SI joints are located.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Re: HORRIFFIC low back pain x 2 weeks (started 6 weeks post-op)

I wonder if you need to see an orthopedic MD?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register