Another Michigan girl! | Michigan | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Michigan

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another Michigan girl! Another Michigan girl!

Unread 06-03-2002, 01:37 PM
Talking - Another Michigan girl! Another Michigan girl!

I live in Southwestern Lower MI, but work in South Bend, IN. I'm having my surgery at Memorial Hospital in South Bend on the 19th. I just found this thread. I never looked past the Pre-Op board to see whatelse there was here. I've been so consumed with trying to read everything I can before my surgery, that I didn't bother to look anywhere else!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2002, 07:32 PM
Another Michigan girl!

Hi Sherryanne,
I am scheduled for 6/19 also - I'm a little further north - I'm having a TAH at Troy, Beaumont, just now getting the scared feeling, not sure I can get everything done I need to before I go in! I'm really tired too, and as much as I want to keep going I want to forget it all and go to bed. Well anyway, I'll be thinking about you and I'll say a prayer for you - I hope all goes well and I wish you a speedy restful pain free recovery!!!
Unread 06-18-2002, 07:55 AM
Unhappy - Another Michigan girl! Another Michigan girl!

Thanks mynoonie. I'll say a pray for you too. I will just be so glad when this is all over. I had my pre-op yesterday. I took a list of questions for the doctor. My surgery isn't until 2 in the afternoon, so I have all morning to worry. My Mom is taking me and then my husband will come from work later. I just wanted Mom in case I start my crying jag - again! Poor DH just doesn't know how to handle it when I start crying. Well good luck to you and I'll look for your posts when I get home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2002, 07:33 PM
Another Michigan girl!

I'm going in first thing in the morning - I'll be out - or out of it when you're going in - I will try and get with you when I get out and get home - my DH is taking me up north to stay with my father in law - more for my DD to do - and my sister in law is flying in from AZ with my neice to stay with us - so if you dont hear from me - I'm sure I'm ok - just unable to answer for awhile - I'm crying a lot today also - work was a trip - but I was glad to be there and not at home thinking about everything - We went out for a family dinner tonight - I didnt eat much but it was nice not to have to cook or clean up - my pre op wasnt bad - all it was, was a blood letting 2 big viles - I guess I give more in the morning - no x-rays or anything messy - I didnt have to prepare may bowel either - or maybe they save that for the morning - just nothing after midnight - thats hard for me - I keep a glass of water by my bed and by morning it is empty - I ate light anyway - stuff I thought I could digest easy - oh well - I am having a TAH keeping my ovaries and my cervix - I had an ablasion last year with lapo to laser the endo - was under close to 3 hrs - lots of scar tissue - scared my DH too death - they told him about 40 minutes. But they were able to look at my ovaries at that time - they were fine - this time it should be about 30-40 min total I HOPE - but then what do I care - I'll be sleeping - sorry I'm very nervous tonight - Well I will stop rambeling
Good luck to you - take care of yourself - talk at you later
Elizabeth
(my real name - not mynoonie - which is the name of our boat)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register