9 weeks post hysterectomy and still feel like hell! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 weeks post hysterectomy and still feel like hell! 9 weeks post hysterectomy and still feel like hell!

Unread 06-25-2016, 05:49 PM
9 weeks post hysterectomy and still feel like hell!

Hey ladies!
This is my first official post....and I'm at wits end
I'm 9 weeks post total laparoscopic hysterectomy for endometriosis. My left ovary was removed, as was 95% of a mesh for a hernia discovered during my first lap in '97.
im still having brutal cramping, enough that I'm still needing pain meds, still can't digest anything too heavy or the cramps worsen, and having bowel issues. If I force even slightly after a b.m I get this feeling like something has dropped. I was checked at week 2 and week 6 for prolapse but doc says everything appears to be healing nicely.
I'm just so FRUSTRATED that consistently for the past few weeks have been dealing with cramps and odd jabs of sharp pain. I'm still not back at work, can only tolerate short walks, even standing too long takes everything out of me. Some days just going upstairs to shower is exhausting.
I feel like such a wimp....anyone experience the same issues or have any advice??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2016, 09:39 PM
Re: 9 weeks post op and still feel like hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie06 View Post
Hey ladies!
This is my first official post....and I'm at wits end
I'm 9 weeks post total laparoscopic hysterectomy for endometriosis. My left ovary was removed, as was 95% of a mesh for a hernia discovered during my first lap in '97.
im still having brutal cramping, enough that I'm still needing pain meds, still can't digest anything too heavy or the cramps worsen, and having bowel issues. If I force even slightly after a b.m I get this feeling like something has dropped. I was checked at week 2 and week 6 for prolapse but doc says everything appears to be healing nicely.
I'm just so FRUSTRATED that consistently for the past few weeks have been dealing with cramps and odd jabs of sharp pain. I'm still not back at work, can only tolerate short walks, even standing too long takes everything out of me. Some days just going upstairs to shower is exhausting.
I feel like such a wimp....anyone experience the same issues or have any advice??

Take a deep breath sister! One day at a time. Ice your tummy as 24/7 as you can specially during the times you are resting and even when you go to bed (if you happen to be laying on your back).
We are going to have good days. The unfortunate part is that we are going to have a mixing of those bad days right along with them. Drink plenty of water. Eat some fibers (there is even some nice high fiber oatmeal that is good). Ice, ice ice.

We are all different in the things we experiences yet we all still go through those challenges (appetites/sleep/pains/aches/pushing through the day too much) even now. Should any questions or concerns arise definately call your doctor.
You got this.
Unread 06-25-2016, 10:10 PM

Thanks Lisa!!
I've been loading up on fibre, taking Metamucil, and the odd time restoralax to help keep things moving.
Never used ice.....will that help this far in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Thanks Lisa!!
I've been loading up on fibre, taking Metamucil, and the odd time restoralax to help keep things moving.
For any cramps and pains in your tummy it is like you are putting them on ice. I have ice packs I alternate for when I am in my recliner watching tv after dinner. Give it a try. You got this sweet lady! * hugs *
Unread 06-25-2016, 10:16 PM

I'll give it a try....thank you so much
Unread 06-26-2016, 08:41 AM
9 weeks post hysterectomy and still feel like hell!

Quote:
Thanks Lisa!!
I'm 7 weeks out tomorrow and ice really helps. My job requires me to be on my feet all day. I went back to work last Monday and I'm quite swollen at the end of the day so I use ice as soon as I get home.
Make sure you're drinking tons of water throughout the day as the fiber can give you cramps. A lot of them absorb water in your body to get things moving.

Good luck! I hope you start to feel better soon.
Unread 06-26-2016, 04:13 PM
Re: 9 weeks post hysterectomy and still feel like hell!

I think it would make sense to see your surgeon and get thouroughly checked out again. Feeling that bad and still needing pain meds at 9 weeks isn't common, and it would be good to be sure that there is nothing wrong. Best of luck.
Unread 06-26-2016, 07:07 PM
Re: 9 weeks post hysterectomy and still feel like hell!

If you are having gassy cramps, then heat is best. The nurses gave me heated blankets to help get the gas moving. Another thing is write down what you eat and see what happens with cramping. If there is something that causes it, then stop eating it. Sometimes too much fibre can back fire. You can also try gas-X and milk of magnesia.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register