Wooo hoooo!!! My last period ever! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wooo hoooo!!!  My last period ever! Wooo hoooo!!! My last period ever!

Unread 06-08-2002, 07:14 AM
Wooo hoooo!!! My last period ever!

Well.. it's a shame that on such a beautiful day in sunny florida I once again am suffering from such a miserable, heavy, sick inducing period. Since all this miserablness starts about 2 weeks before I actually get my period and believe it or not gets worse the day it starts, I can happily report that this is my last one! Never again will I have to go through all this!!!! Surgery is in 16 days and for some reason (wonder why!) I am looking forward to my visit to the castle. I truly feel that anything is better than what I suffer each and EVERY month.

Soon, I will be able to enjoy these beautiful days!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2002, 07:28 AM

Dear SwtLisaB,

Oh yaaaaaaa! I remember that feeling last month and 4 days post-op am already laughing at Kotex commercials in a nah nah nah nah nah nah kinda way.

It is almost over. You can get through this one.

Cecee
Unread 06-08-2002, 07:36 AM
response

All I can do is smile! It's funny, about 5 days ago.. I looked at my sanitary pads and counted them! I thought to myself.. these are going to last because I am NOT buying anymore.

the other day, while not feeling well, my DH touched my belly and said "it'll all be over soon!". We are both looking forward to the rewarding results. I'm sure he's as sick of my "illness" as I am!

Will all get better soon! I can see the rainbow now!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2002, 08:08 AM
AUNT DOT'S LAST VISIT

I am also glad to announce that this morning Aunt Dot showed up for her final visit. I am 11 days pre op and counting. I can not wait for my visit to the Castle.

I am so glad that this will be IT! The Final Show! The last Shibang! No more cramping, No more flooding, No more hurting!
I know my family will be glad to have the old me back again! I will be glad to have the old me back again! I can't hardly stand myself! (LOL)

Thanks for letting me share this post and glorious moment with you guys. I just had to share that today is my last visit as wel

Lisa

PS I can not figure out, for the life of me, how to insert the smilies can someone help me figure this out? Thanks!
Unread 06-08-2002, 08:38 AM

Aunt Flow came to visit me for the last time, I hope, yesterday. She came a week early this time & with a vengence! I will be so thankful to be over all this heavy bleeding, spotting & pain! She totally wears me out whenever she come! I've got anemia because of her. I'm hoping that won't cause problems with my surgery.

I know I'm going to have extra supplies for sure. I will probably be giving them to my niece & sister after this is all over.

Becky

PS: To insert smiles, click on the "Get more" under the smilies box to the left. Then click double click on the picture of the smilie that you want to insert. It is best to insert the smilies as you go since they all end up at the bottom of the post otherwise.
Unread 06-08-2002, 12:11 PM

I am so with you there lisa! YIPPEE last one ever! I thought about having a party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy those beautiful days!
Unread 06-08-2002, 01:08 PM
me too, me too!!

Funny how we all have different names for that, isn't it...mine's had several names in the last few years, depending on how severe...Rachel (don't ask, thought it would be difficult to understand if anybody ever got hold of my date book), Mary (for that one, think of the drink), and most recently Auntie Flo...well like clockwork, Auntie Flo dropped in on Weds and as of today (day 4), is still heavy with moderate 'clots'. Lord, I hope this doesn't make my anemia any worse. Had to leave a school event yesterday as she soaked thru the overnite thingie, and I couldn't sit down without worrying about what my tush might look like when I stood up! - This time of the month, there's no whites, lites, or brites for me...but that'll all change in just a few short weeks!!

Have been really pushing myself to take those two iron pills (I simply detest pills in the worst kind of way)...ate a generous helping of spinach a couple of nites ago...some friends at work took me to lunch Weds, and I had the pepper steak (kind of on the salty side, I thought). Then last nite after son's graduation (on his way into high school, bless his heart), we went to Outback and DH talked me into getting the BIG porterhouse...under the guise of "doctor's orders". Of course, I could NOT finish the thing, brought it home, wrapped it in foil, stashed in the freezer. As of today, I'm on full liquids and tomorrow is clear liquids...then comes Monday...no bowel prep, thank God! Still have to do the Fleet & citrate of magnesium though. So far, I'm doing OK, have myself all psyched-up and rarin' to go...can't believe it's less than 2 days away now!!!!

Gotta go get ready for a friend's wedding. Take care sisters!
Unread 06-08-2002, 03:47 PM
Smilies

when you are posting a reply, on the left hand side of the text box is the link "Static Smilies List" if you click on that (or this https://www.hystersisters.com/graphic...es/smilies.htm) you will be brought to the smile center.

life post op is going to be Heaven after living in Hell
for 13 years!
Unread 06-08-2002, 08:11 PM

I just got mine yesterday. It is ranking right up there with one of my worst. I already have anemia. I also had spotting this month too. I have my post-op on Tuesday & am worried that my anemia will be worse because of this. I'm already taking iron pills.

Everyone probably thinks my favorite slacks color is navy or blue but since I had so much spotting & bleeding on a random schedule always wore those colors just to be safe. It will be neat to be able to check out the other colors available now! It will be so nice not to worry about whether you are going to spot a chair or make a mess of your pants anymore!

Becky
Unread 06-08-2002, 10:43 PM

Well, my visit to the castle is scheduled for 24 June, only 13 more days...YIPPIE!!!! Still nervous, but will be so glad for my "visitor" to be gone since she is here with me almost every day of my life for almost 3 years now. I don't know what it is like NOT to be on my period.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register