HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Still having pain almost 3 days after cone biopsy, can anyone help? Still having pain almost 3 days after cone biopsy, can anyone help?

Unread 06-15-2002, 01:03 AM
Still having pain almost 3 days after cone biopsy, can anyone help?

I'm sorry to keep bugging you all, I know you all are going through similar things and don't need me to keep blithering, but I really feel comfortable here BECAUSE you all are gong through similar things and can maybe help me figure out some things, symptoms I'm not used to. So anyway I'm now on day 3 after the cold knife conization/endometrial biopsy, and I am STILL really sore mainly when I try to do my normal activities, like walking around, getting out of bed in the a.m., bending down to pick things up, etc. I am having what I thought were bladder spasms as well as major back pain from the spinal block site. Doc gave me some pyridium and some ditropan to try and see if that helps with them. Well I know I just started taking the pyridium yesterday, but I still haven't gotten any relief from the pain, and I'm not having any other symptoms that might indicate any infection, so i don't know what else to think. Has anyone on here had a cold knife conization and had significant pain last longer than a day or two? See, the thing is, I'm not sure anymore that it is even the bladder that is hurting me after all. The pain is a spasm type and it radiates into the lower back, hips and the thighs. It literally forces me to have to sit dow or lie down even. Actually, lying down is the only thing that helps relieve it. Not even the tylenol 3 or the motrin I am taking helps very much. Ideas? anyone please?? Thanks again and I hope you're all well.

Stef

Adenocarcinoma in-situ of cervix w/ impending simple VH
Unread 06-15-2002, 01:39 AM
Hi Sweetie!

My pain lasted much longer then they told me it would... Sorry . I have had this situation with my hyst also. Try to just listen to your body. The dr.s are going to give the average textbook recovery, maybe not even the average recovery from their patients because half the time they don't listen to your complaints. Stay down if that is what your body is telling you. That is why I stressed thinking about your recovery to youin my previous post. It does not always go textbook, and it is a sensitive part of your body sweetie. You have the right to pain control, if you want some relief so you can rest, ask for Vicodin, it works better then tylenol 3. Let your Dr. know you can't rest because you are in pain. So sorry, but I had sharp pains for about a week. Call that Dr. and tell him all about it, that's what they are there for. In my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 06-15-2002, 06:36 AM

Hi,
when I had a cold knife cone, it was a Friday, and I didn't do much of anything until Mon. I had intense pain in my shoulders and chest which I found out was related to the anesthetic. I'm wondering if because you had a spinal, if that might be why you have such severe pain radiating to your back?? Also, the positions they put us in during the procedure can cause all kinds of aches and pains for days to come!!

I hope you start feeling better today!!
Unread 06-15-2002, 06:56 AM

I have to agree with the other girls "moodygirl", don't rely on a "textbook" recovery. After I had my LEEP procedure I couldn't do *anything*. My Grandma passed away the day after I had it done, I barely made it through the wake and couldn't attend her funeral. I had to stay OFF my feet for 4 days. I had the same pain you felt in your upper back and shoulders, gas!! It was terrible! Hang in there, K? Remember to call the doc with any new pain...that's what they are there for.

Hope everything gets better for you....feel better.
Unread 06-15-2002, 07:17 PM

Hi Stef,

I had pressure pain in my abdominal and pelvic area. I, too, could not sit or stand for long. In addition, I was constipated and did not have regular bowel movements, just diarrhea. My cone biopsy was performed on a Friday morning and I was not feeling better by the following Thursday. My gyn. had me check into the hospital that Thurs. morning. I had a blood test and learned I had an infection and had blood loss during the biopsy, which the doctor did not tell me, and needed a transfusion immediately. I needed three units of blood. I was off work for two weeks because of the pain and infection.

I do hope you will feel better soon.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.