HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bloating, back & abdominal pain! Bloating, back & abdominal pain!

Unread 06-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Bloating, back & abdominal pain!

My surgery is scheduled fro July 1st. I don't think I can make it. I am so bloated and in soooooo much pain. After I eat the swelling and pain is worse. To top it off I am ovulating and the hormones are making my adeno go wild....not to mention my ovaries. Nothing helps! I wish the surgery were tomorrow. Actually I am going to call tomorrow and see if they can move it up....yeah right!
Anyone else out there with the bloating and pain. My lower back is screaming and the pain down my legs is horrible. Don't mean to be a cry baby but this is just too much. My days are basically spent waiting. I wish I had some anesthesia now to sedate me........maybe just enoght for the next 2 weeks. Hubby is away on business and won't be back til the end of the month. Mom is here to keep me company for a few days for whatever that is worth. This LIW is going nuts! Help!
Mel
Unread 06-17-2002, 07:47 PM

i know just what you are talking about. i am spending half of my time in bed in pain-- my gut is killing me. when i said something to my her reply was "of course you are hurting". my DH even when out and got walkie talkies so i could call him when i needed anything or nothing--DH has to be out side tinkering all the time.
i did hire the teenager next door to come in every other day and dust the floors, do the dishes and plain tiddy up. i feel a whole lot better knowing someone else is going to be doing that.
i am going to have to go back to the only postion that does not hurt--laying down!!!!!! take care---Janice72
Unread 06-17-2002, 08:01 PM

Mela and Janice,

Mela, I'd for sure call the doctor and perhaps you need to be re-evaluated. If you could be assured that there is no new urgent condition then at the least, maybe you and Janice too could ask for a script for pain relief.
I hope this waiting time passes as fast as possible for you both. For some reason... time in pain and pain at night seems to last forever.
I'm so sorry you are hurting so much,

Maralyn
Unread 06-17-2002, 08:01 PM
I hate to say this, but I'm glad it's not just me!!

Oh, I know that's terrible, and I don't mean I'm glad ya'll are hurting too,.. I'm not,.. I feel for you sooo much,.. it's just I'm glad I'm not the only one,.. I was beginning to think alot of my grievences were becoming a mental fluke... seems the closer I get to my surgery date, the more pain I am in!! Why is that?!! I have felt worse ever since I got my date in fact,.. this whole last month has been miserable, but the last week or two has been sheer agony at times. I too, have the pain all through my abdomin, in the small of my back that then creeps up all the way into my upper back, shoulder blades, and neck from the tension the other is causing. I also get sharp pains down my outer hips, the fronts of my legs, even into my knees. Then I get a pain that shoots up from my left groin where my biggest pain has been for years,.. it now shoots up into my left ribcage, and then the other night I started getting pain near my appendix on the right side. I have been getting horrible headaches, very cranky,..... yet I am not nervous about the surgery. I must be freaking out sub-consciously or something because I feel fine about the surgery yet I'm physically falling apart more & more by the day.... good thing I only have 2 1/2 more days to go!! I really feel for you who have a longer wait,.. I don't know if I could do it either!
Anyway, I thought maybe I was getting carried away milking out my moans & groans,..... it's just reassuring to hear I'm not the only one who is feeling worse although I am so sorry that you ya'll are too. DH says,.. "geez, hon, you haven't even had your surgery yet"........ :burning: *punch*
Unread 06-17-2002, 08:43 PM
bloated

Hi
I know just what you're talking about sisters. I feel the pain as well. I don't think to the degree you are talking about, but I definitely feel bloated and get pain in my hips and low back. I'm scheduled for two weeks on 7/1, and am getting anxious. I also have pain on the right side around where appendix would be if I still had it, and my left side hurts a lot around the hip and low back area. It's a strange ache more than a shooting pain. I think I'm a little numb to the pain now after having it most of my adult life. I feel confident that I will feel better once on the other side. I can't wait!
Unread 06-17-2002, 08:57 PM
I am feeling the same thing.....

Hi, I am going for my SAH/BSO on June 25 and have been having horrible pain for the last 5 days. It seems like every month my pain just gets worse and worse. I have been taking darvocet and lortab for months and with this increasing pain it just doesn't help anymore. As a matter of fact Saturday evening after I got off work I was in so much pain that I had to take 2 lortab every 3 hours just to take the edge off. It never did take my pain away. So today I called my doctor and had him write me a prescription for something stronger. I also asked for something for my nerves as I have been feeling "out of control" for the last week or so with my date closing in fast. Anyway he wrote me a prescription for tylox and one for ambien (not quite what I had in mind). The tylox finally started working after my second dose and I am so happy I called.
I was so happy to see your post and know that I wasn't alone. I too thought it was odd that my pain has been so bad right before my surgery. I just can't wait to go to the castle and be done with it all.
I just keep reminding myself that it is almost over and that seems to help me get through.

's

Pamela
Unread 06-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Add me to the list too!

Everything that has already been said I have experienced too. The last two weeks have been the absolute worst and I had to call my dr for pain meds. He couldn't prescribe very much because surgery is on Wednesday and he doesn't want my body to build an immunity even before I have surgery. I will certainly need them to work after. But the bloating, cramping to the point of not being able to stand up straight, back pain, hip pain, you name it. It has been horrible.

I am sorry everyone else is suffering too, but glad I am not alone. I was beginning to feel that maybe it just felt worse than usual because I knew I was having surgery. Weird I know, but I just couldn't believe how bad the pain had gotten and it just wouldn't let up.

Well, I am sending S your way and hope the time goes by fast till your date at the castle. Mine has taken forever but it is finally here.

Donna
Unread 06-17-2002, 09:03 PM

Hi ladies,
Well , I've been lurking for over a month now and finally registered so I could talk to all you wonderful ladies. Plus. in the middle of the major meltdown i was having I knew I could come and read that I wasn't the only one. I don't have a date yet. I have appt and ultrasound on this Thurs. the 20th. Have been on BCP since late may to see if the cyst they found on my left ovary has gone down. If it hasn't the doc says need to come out. He said we could do
hysterectomy at same time due to Bleeding, cramping,back pain etc.
After today I am sooooo ready. The bcp are making my head hurt, and i can't sleep.
my poor family probably thinks I'm nuts. It's one of those days where it hurts to be touched if you know what I mean. And dh thinks it funny to tease, not today it isn't.
Oh well, thanks for listening to my rambling. I will come back later

Dawn34
Unread 06-17-2002, 09:30 PM

Pain? I'm in constant pain, and I so wish my surgery were today instead of July 2! Add me to the list of painful sisters. This pain is mainly in my uterus, and it hurts really bad every single day. I also get back aches too sometimes. I'm taking vicodin and motrin. I try to just take the motrin, but that rarely works, so I end up taking vicodin too. I'm glad my new doctor gave me some. It takes the edge off even when it doesn't knock out the pain completely. Like the rest of you, it's good to know I'm not alone.
Unread 06-18-2002, 07:36 AM

Ladies, thanks for all your replies. I don't know whether to cry or be happy in knowing that I am not alone. This has been real torture for me and is getting worse by the day. After being suppressed for so many years with different injections my Estrogen is having a party!! The nausea is bad too. As for so many of you the motrin does not help and most of the pain meds just take the edge off but don't really get rid of the pain. Whe it gets to the point that I feel that I am going to lose it mentally I will take half of a percocet and then I can rest. Right now, the pain has been so bad in my pelvic area and abdomen that it is shotting down my legs. I was not able to sleep last night and kept twisting and squirming in bed....especially my legs. I wound up taking ativan, soma and of course my neurontin. I finally fell asleep around 1:30am and woke up with a terrible headache and more pain this morning. July 1st is just too far away!! If I call to complain they think that I am just a baby. I am hoping that once this is ALL out I can start to do some of the things I did before. I am tired of being a prisoner to all this. Waiting to GET A LIFE!!! Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone!
mel

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.