Progesterone cream | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Progesterone cream Progesterone cream

Unread 06-21-2002, 12:24 PM
Progesterone cream

Is it okay to use a progesterone cream alone, or does it need to be used with something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Progesterone cream

Hi

I think It's really what works for you... If the cream is all you need and is doing the job??? thenIt's fine.....I have a friend that only uses the cream... But she also is on vit/min... soy... black cohosh....flaxseed oil..... primrose oil... and she seems to do well...
But everyone is different...... I don't use the cream..... I would talk to the dr and find out what you need ....are you planing on going no-hrt??? natural????

I hope this helped some!!!!.........
Unread 06-22-2002, 08:17 AM
Hi Sis

I am just doing everything that I can to treat my symptoms without inviting endo back. My GYN had me start Ortho Tri Cyclen, but I was on it for two weeks and was a mess. I felt awful, was soooo iritable that I grabbed my son by the arms one day and had to walk away, thank God I realized, I was nauseas, always sweaty, and could get no sleep at all. The last day that I took it, I was up with bad pain in one of my legs, which was unexplainable. I stopped taking them, but doc was on vacation and doesn't know this yet. The nurse kept telling me that my body was adjusting, not to worry. But those were not adjustments that I could handle. Also, the last couple of days I was on it, I was starting to get hip pain and lower back pain, which scared me, due to the endo. Right now I am taking Caltrate(600mg. twice a day), 81mg. aspirin, and Vit. E. I just want to cover the obvious until doc gets back and I can talk with him. I don't think he is going to be happy with my decision to stop the meds on my own, but I thought it to be necessary. The reason he used the BC pill was to supress and Endo that could be there. But I was afraid that the pain I had meant the opposite. So this is where I am at. Trying to figure out what I can take. My main meno symptoms are occasional headaches, hot flashes, some night sweats. All are not too bad. But I want to try to get as normal as possible without bringing back the endo. I bought some Evening Primrose Oil and Flax Seed but am not sure yet if those are okay with Endo. I just have so many questions. :confuse:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2002, 12:12 PM
Progesterone cream

Hi sweeties

Gayle....Honey I know how you feel.. But remember you are only early post-op and I think you need to remember this is a slow recovery...
I just hit my 1 year[ ] And I can't even tell you what a difference a year makes!!!!!
Don't rush yourself sweetie couse then you will get all upset... Your body has been through so much and need lots of care and rest...LOTS!!!!

I had bad endo and my dr gave me the go ahead for [soy... black cohosh.... flaxseed oil w/omaga3....primrose oil.....but he said to make sure I on good vit/min

OK now the pains in your body is just what I and most sisters felt... My legs and hip hurt so bad I didn't know what was going on... Until I started reading and seen SOOO many sisters had the same... The dr told me they do so much work and have to move things around... So he said the pain is normal... but talk to your dr about it to be safe.... And I also Have fibro... And I read that gals who never had it have it now since the surgery.....

Try the heat pad.. And Relax... Drink plenty of nice cold water[cool the body] things will get better .... It takes time

4-6weeks..... I started to move around more

6months.... getting stronger feeling better

1 year......WOW!!!!! now I am starting to feel normal

Keep posting... always here for you

SIS
Unread 06-22-2002, 04:10 PM
endo

I found that I could not take progesterone and while taking estrogen only the endo came back. I have been HRT-free since April 5 and feeling fine.

My doctor approved all supplements and I did attempt Black Cohosh and Flaxseed oil. I started feeling pain again so I quit both. I'm not sure which was the culprit. I decided to totally quit both since my symptoms are very minor. Every person is different and reacts differently to drugs so you have to carefully monitor you body's reactions.

You may want to consider a vitamin B supplement as well.
Unread 06-25-2002, 09:01 AM
Estrogens

Evening Primrose, Black Cohosh, Flax Seed, Red Clover,
ALL those are estrogens from a plant source.
I have a family histroy of cancer.
I had Adenomyosis with a little Endo.
I don't touch any of that stuff.
Consider your options and the contraindications of estrogen.
Talk to your doctor about that progesterone cream.
Kamie
P.S. Certain anti dperessants are known to help with hyster symptoms. Have you discussed those with your doctor?
I'm on a mixed blend right now and things are finally somewhat turning around.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register