How Much Does Vaginal Repair Surgery Cost ? I Have No Insurance, Any Advice ? | Aching Hearts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Much Does Vaginal Repair Surgery Cost ? I Have No Insurance, Any Advice ? How Much Does Vaginal Repair Surgery Cost ? I Have No Insurance, Any Advice ?

Unread 08-31-2002, 09:37 PM
How Much Does Vaginal Repair Surgery Cost ? I Have No Insurance, Any Advice ?

I fall between the cracks,for qualifying for aid. We have too many bills as it is, husband's salary "appears" too much for us to qualify, usually. Still paying on my hysterectomy from 6 years ago. I am checking into all the community aid, but it does not look good. I have been in pain since my hysterectomy. It helped rid me of about 70% of the pain, but now I think I need more repair work . Maybe pressure coming from bowel prolapse, maybe some from bladder. Probably $6-7,000 right ? Makes me mad ! the dr that did the surgery said, "I think the pain you are having is probably due to bowel situation, I may have missed." I can't believe I may have to spend that kind of money when he "missed" seeing the cause of the pain. any advice ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2002, 10:47 PM
How Much Does Vaginal Repair Surgery Cost ? I Have No Insurance, Any Advice ?

s to you sweetie

I am so very sorry that you have on going problems and ins troubles as well...I really don't know the answer and I have no info with this.........But please visit the road less traveled...The sisters there are so wonderful and also have many on going health troubles and I think some also might share with ins. info with you as well.. Keep us posted and let us know how things are going for you OK?... I am so sorry,,, You really touched my heart.......I hope you can get answers fast........

and s

God bless...SIS
Unread 09-01-2002, 03:47 AM
No insurance

Dear Teramiah-

I am so sorry you're going through this. It's such a catch-22 situation, isn't it? We HAVE to work, to care for ourselves and our families, yet if we DO, we don't qualify for aid. This may ruffle some feathers, but I'm being honest....when I think of all the people, in my community alone, who have WAY more money than I do, and are on welfare, having baby after baby, selling drugs out of their FRONT YARD.....I just get so :burning: mad!!

I have been ill for over 3 years now, in a couple of different ways we won't go into My DBF and I have planned our wedding, and simply cannot do it. He's in construction, and I'm just a secretary....I would have no ins. Right now I can't work because of the illness, so I do qualify for county medical aid. They tell me I could also get financial aid, and food stamps....but I REFUSE!!! I only want the medical, just to get me well enough to work again. But I want to be married so badly, and it breaks my heart that we can't. He makes too much money (barely).

Depending upon where you live, many hospitals take a certain number of indigent patients per year...make some calls, and see if anything can be done. Especially something as severe as vaginal repair surgery, one would hope some doctor would be willing to step up. Write your state's insurance commissioner, your state representative, state senator....anyone you can think of who might have some ideas for you. I know when you're feeling this low, that not many ideas pop into our heads, and it all feels so hopeless. But it's not!! Maybe they can set up a payment plan for you and your family? I mean, geez, everything else in this world is available on credit, right?

Good luck to you, and keep your chin up. We're here to listen and help you through this.

Love, Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2002, 09:10 AM
thanks everyone nt

nt

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register