HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Is anyone on micronized testosterone????? Is anyone on micronized testosterone?????

Unread 07-20-2000, 07:32 AM
Is anyone on micronized testosterone?????

Hi Sisters,

I just started my first micronized testosterone today in capsule form at 1.25 mg. Also, in the capsule is 2 mg. of Estradiol. Both are bio-identical. Just wanted to know if anyone else is trying the testosterone this way.

I was on methyltestosterone 1.25mg mixed with Bi-est 2mg., and I didn't do so good. I'm trying to stay as close to what I was taking, Estratest 1.25mg/.625mg estrified estrogens, 2mg. estradiol. This was working a little, but not great, so that's when I changed to the Bi-est/methy-test, and I messed up with this mixture. Then I learned that the methyltestosterone was not bio-identical. The pharmist I first chose led me to believe it was bio-identical, maybe I mis-understood.

Is it so wrong to want my hormones to be as identical as I use to produce? I've had so much trouble with all of this the last few months. The surgeon/gyn who operated on me, also especially his nurse, acted like they knew nothing about compounds at all. I guess not that many women at his clinic are in surgical menopause or something. Now they are beginning to listen to me after numerous calls about compounds, and literature I've taken up there to them. Thank-God I found a few compounding pharmacies in my area. I have some back-up now that I'm not that crazy afterall wanting bio-identical. I know the Estradiol is bio-identical, but it's as if this clinic didn't have a clue that it is possible to compound anything these days. The expense is really cheaper too. I couldn't believe it.

Also, doc at first screwed up, and prescribed at first 2.5 mg. of the methyltestosterone that I took for about 2 weeks along with the Bi-est. I got mean, I started having facial hair, and acne which is clearing up now a little. Too much of it is not good ladies. Wasn't for me anyway.

I'll try to let you all know how this new micronized testosterone affects me, the pharmist told me it would be easier on the stomach. In the meantime, if someone out there is already on it, (capsule form) any input would be so appreciated.

Thanks as always. Hugs to all.

Unread 07-20-2000, 10:01 AM

I can't recall that we've seen many women taking it, Jeanie, but that may just mean that women who take it have no problems. I certainly hope so, for you! It is, however, a known and standard way to take it.

Thanks for posting about the overload on the other testosterone. That's a fairly common problem, and I think it helps others to take it seriously to hear that this does happen often enough to be "real.".

I tend to agree with you on the bio-identicals. I'm the kind of person who wants to take only what I need without a lot of other baggage, and I can't see paying extra for side effects. And I have to say, the numbers we've seen here would indicate that women with problems who go to bio-identical have far fewer subsequent problems than women who go the other way (except for those few notable exceptions who seem to need the synthetics to block something abnormal in the way they use hormones). There's no way to obtain it, but I'd love to know what the hrt dropout rate is for bio-identicals as opposed to synthetics (which is heavily lamented in the medical literature as a major "compliance problem").

So congratulations for conducting the educational campaign with your doctor--women who follow you will thank you even though they never know to. Best of luck with it--do let us know how it goes. [blue]

Unread 07-20-2000, 11:40 AM

Savh,

Thanks for responding to my post about this. It seems the right way to go, but I don't know yet as today has been my first day on it. I was getting weary with all the hormones I've tried these last 5 months. The pharmacist I get scripts from now seems to think this is going to be alot better for me in comparison to what I was on. I could have gone the cream route, and I might, but the expense was so reasonable, I decided to give this a try first.

I'll stay posted about how this goes for me. So far so good. I'm pleased with it. I was having stomach aches on the Estratest, then the Methyltestosterone too from day one. I ate alot of antacids through-out these days. My stomach doesn't seem to be upset today at all. All I had was a glass of milk before I took my pill this morning.

Thanks for caring. I will let everyone know how this goes. I think it's working. There were other things as well that became bothersome to me while I was on the Estratest HS, then the methyl-test. I couldn't go it anymore. Wish me luck!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.