HotFlashes | No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-08-2002, 10:02 AM
HotFlashes

[b][size=3][font=courier new][color=orangered]
hi,I am new to this and just was wondering what could I do about hotflashes that I seem to be getting all the time now that I had a hysterectomy? I am not on any meds as yet,the doctor wants to see how I am without any at this time. Any help will be greatly appriecated. TY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2002, 11:22 AM
Hot flashes

Hi Blondiesue,

The hot flashes are a bit brutal, aren't they?

Aside from some of the natural remedies, which may I add you must ask your Dr. before taking, always have cold or ice water available for yourself. A fan or AC at night as well.

Good luck to you.

Chris
Unread 09-08-2002, 06:16 PM
HotFlashes

blondisue, I take evening primrose oil capsules and flax seed oil capsules. I also take 12.5mg of a prescription anti-depressant effexor that has been known to lessen hot flashes. All these are to lessen flashes and ALL have been recommended by my doctor.

Best of luck!

Love,
Maggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2002, 06:37 PM
HotFlashes

Hi blondisue

Ask your dr about black cohosh and flaxseedoil w/omaga3..........I was soooooooo bad with flashes and night sweats, Then my DR told me to start on this and it worked for me.....

And the effoxer that Maggie is on works so well for so many sisters.........

Keep drinking ice water so cooling to the body and good for your skin as well......

Fans and the air turned down is a way of living in my house now

So my Family walks around bundled up and I feel good

Keep us posted

s to all

SIS
Unread 09-09-2002, 06:23 AM
hot flashes

Thankyou very much for everyone's advice on what to do about hot flashes. I will be talking to my doctor about the natural ingredients to take and how much. I love coming here,I learn so much about everything,more than any doctor can tell you because you have all been through it,Thankyou again.
Unread 09-10-2002, 10:24 PM
HotFlashes

Your very welcome

Keep us posted on how things are coming along for you OK?

Good luck sweetie.....s

SIS
Unread 09-12-2002, 09:21 PM
HotFlashes

I don't get real "hot flashes", but more just 'warm flushes.'

I find that they are getting less and less as time goes on. ALSO--I have found that they correlate with stress. If I get upset over something, I seem to be more prone to a warm flush. It's almost like bio-feedback. I try to stay calmer. That's probably not much help. I'm sorry!
Unread 09-13-2002, 06:36 AM
hotflashes

Hi again
Thanks again for all your advice,I just don't know what to do now. I talked to my doctor and found out I can't take estragen because of the breast cancer I had. She told me to take 2000 mg of vitamin E every day. It helps some but not enough. She said it wasn't a good idea to do the natural way because it isn't scientific proven. I am lost,and sweating big time and I am starting to smell when I do. I hate this, I have to take a couple of showers a day to get rid of the smell. I guess I will have to see what the vitamin E does,only been taking it for about 4 days now.
Unread 09-13-2002, 06:47 AM
HotFlashes

If I read correctly, your hyster was pretty recent, wasn't it? I know that I've gotten better over the months. I assume you've tried different deodorants? Things got worse from about 2-5 months after my hyster, and now I've noticed they are getting MUCH better (9 months after). I can't remember your age if you mentioned it--how old are you?

I will see what I can find out for you. BTW, I know many people for whom estrogen did NOT work well. They were very disappointed because they thought it would end their problems. It didn't--it created new ones.

I have a list of things to ease menopause. While it wasn't meant for women who have had hysterectomies, I know it helped ME. I just have to find it.
Unread 09-13-2002, 01:29 PM
HotFlashes

Hi sweeties

Have you been over to cancer concerns??? The sisters are so very good with giving support and sharing all kinds of info on what they take and what works as well as being safe.......

We are here for you always but I want to make sure that you get all the info you can.......

Big s and keep posting OK???

Keep drinking ice water and relax...Stress brings on flashes and sweats and all that Grrrrr......

Remember the magic word[SLOW] thats what it takes for recovery to go well....

6 months to 1 year..for recovery....Mine was 1 year!!!!!

s to you

SIS

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register