HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Post op complications Post op complications

Unread 09-12-2002, 10:03 AM
Post op complications

I had TVH on 8/13/02 It went well. I only stayed in hospital for 36 hours. Went home with basicly no pain. I started to feel like I had the flu on day 6 after surgery. By day 10 I had severe adominal pain. I ended up in ER. CT showed abcess on left ovary and cysts on right one. I had BSO surgery next day. DR said she could not get all of my left ovary out it was stuck to intestines and abdomine wall. I was put on antibiotics for 5 days in hospital then sent home on more antibiotics that gave me bad reaction. I was having problems with all antibiotics they put me on. So they stopped all of them. I had CT last night because of abdominal pain. It is either more infection or adhesions they say. I wont know until later. What happens with adhesions. Do they cause allot of pain? Can this be my problem? Anyone have any answers? I could really use some help. I am new at this and not real sure where to turn. Thank you, Sheri
Unread 09-12-2002, 10:13 AM
Post op complications

Acck! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. That's just not fair at all.

I have no ideas about the pain/adhesions - just wanted to suggest that you take the best possible care of yourself - lots of rest, lots of water, lots of high-nutrient foods, maybe extra vitamins (ask your doctor). Stubbornly refuse to lift a finger to do anything productive. Avoid stress (don't watch the news). Get fresh air, and walk a little if you feel up to it. Do everything you can to support your body in fighting this off and healing.

I hope someone will come along who can give you better answers. Don't hesitate to call your doctor with your questions also.

Feel better soon!
Unread 09-12-2002, 06:26 PM
Post op complications

Hi Sheri,

I moved your post from pre-op here and am bumping your post back to the top hoping that you'll get some more replies. I'm so sorry that you've had so much pain, and hope that they will figure it out soon and you'll be on your way to a complete recovery. Please let us know what your test results are.

's

Karen
Unread 09-12-2002, 07:17 PM
Post op complications

Hi Sheri,

I had alot of scar tissue and adhesions from my appendix rupturing several years ago. My dr. did a TAh because of my history and said he was glad he did. It took him 45 minutes to cut through all the adhesions and he said my ovary was enmeshed in all of this, therefore he took that ovary. He actually said the scar tissue and adhesions were from sidewall to sidewall and was wrapped down around my uteras and bladder. I did ask him if they could remove that mess and was told NO all they can do is cut it away to loosen it from what it attaches to. I do know that my right side has been much more tender and can tell they did alot more work there. He also said he stiched it up as good as he could but since he did so much work there was unable to stich it as well as the left side. He said it would just be a longer healing process.

I agree with taking vitamins to strengthen your body and immune system. Also you might want to ask your dr. about Vitamin C to help the healing process.

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing. You will be in my thoughts and ray:

Mypee
Unread 09-12-2002, 07:29 PM
Post op complications

Sorry about that, meant to type

You're in my thoughts and prayers Don't know what key I hit to get that little guy sticking his tongue out

Mypee

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway