HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Dr without a clue......can u imagine?And thin vaginal wall ? Dr without a clue......can u imagine?And thin vaginal wall ?

Unread 10-09-2002, 10:31 AM
Dr without a clue......can u imagine?And thin vaginal wall ?

What causes the thin vaginal walls???...Menopause itself....the lack of estrogen?
Unread 10-09-2002, 02:01 PM
Hi Kim,

Sorry you are having this trouble, maybe the cream will take care of it for you.

If you are concerned about your dr, then you should definitely find someone who you are more comfortable with. I was very happy with my dr, had been seeing him for 8 years, trusted him completely. After having some post-op problems (same problem as before surgery) he told me he didnt know what he was dealing with but wanted me to give him time to figure it out. That's when I decided to find another dr, when your dr actually TELLS you he not sure what he's talking about, it's time for a second opinion. Although sometimes I realize that some things can be difficult to diagnose you should at least feel confident in his abilities.

It is my understanding that thinning of the vaginal walls is due to a lack of estrogen so in that respect, this is due to your surgery, had you not had surgery you would still have ovaries and therefore estrogen. It is common although for women who go through menopuse naturally to have the same problem because of the absence or diminishing amounts of estrogen produced.

I hope you get some answers soon.Good luck and keep us posted.

Dawn
Unread 10-09-2002, 02:17 PM

I understand the thinning of walls is due to lack of estrogen....but my dr didn't seem to notice that before my surgery?......I have been a year and a half without a period and FSH level was 80, so dr. told me I was not producing any estrogen already. Just seems that this happened so fast, or maybe he just noticed it cause of the stitches and my not healing so fast?.....I dunno, but I sure hope the premarin cream works for me without side affects.

Hugs to everyone here

Debbie
Unread 10-11-2002, 04:56 AM
I changed Doctors......

hi, i went to another doctor last week. he told me the reason i was bleeding....3 years post hysterctomy was because my vaginal was was thin due to lack of estragen. 6 mths ago at my 2 year check up....my old dr cut my estragen in half. so this dr has put me back on full strength estratest and gave me the premarin cream . he also told me due to the surgery that my vagina has reduced in size. and so he proceeded to tell me to go to a "Toy Store" and purchase some different size "vibrators"!! it was so funny listening to him tell me what to buy and how to use them.......lmbo!!! he was such a nice doctor. he told me when i have sex with my hubby that it could cause tearing in my vaginal wall because it needs to be dialated. he told me that they have dialators but they cost over 700 dollars and if i go to the toy store.....it works just the same and is alot more fun...lol. can u imagine.......hehe. lookin forward that....havent made it to the store yet....but i will soon..... i will keep u up dated....lol..........thanks kim
Unread 10-11-2002, 05:23 AM

Kim,
Wow, I would have been so Reminds me of the time a doctor told me that I needed to have sex and have it often or everything would shrivel up and close up. I'd never had a doc who spoke so matter of factly about things. All I could do was nod and

I hope his suggestions help.
Unread 10-21-2002, 06:02 AM
again......the bleeding is back

and i dont know what too do!!! i am getting sooooooo frustrated!! i started spotting on thursday nite. called my new doctor on friday mornin and he said to come in. but i was leavin for the weekend at 11am and he said it could wait till monday. so ..........it is now monday....and of course i stopped bleeding just in time for the doctor appt...lol. i have been on the premerin cream for over a mth now and have not had any intercource or used anything that could have tore my vaginal wall......so i dont know what is goin on. i will go to the dr today.....too see what is up. will keep u updated. thanks for listening.....kim

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway