Estradiol patch questions | Hormone and Menopause Central | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estradiol patch questions Estradiol patch questions

Unread 07-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Estradiol patch questions

So I've been on the patch since my 5.17 hyster. I have been feeling nauseated since, but figured it could be anastegia. I also had a foul taste in my mouth, but that for the most part resolved. I had my follow up appointment last week, and when I expressed my concerns to my Gyno, she dismissed them. Used my history of ulcer (since resolved(and suggested to take an antiacid for GERD (which I have it doesn't allievate my symptoms). Her statement was That this is a bioidential hormone & the likely I'm having difficulties is slim (I have a long drug allergy list, and well my first generic box of this patch ripped my skin off, 2 brand of generic not sticking to my skin, so now she wants me to try the brand name with 2 failed generic attempts). She is hell bent on therapy, my PCP isn't. I'm tired of feeling nausteaded & taking Zofran just so I can get down a couple protein shakes a day and a few bites of solid food. I'm down 14# since surgery, nothing alarming. I guess I was curious anyone else having issues?? Any suggestions? I'm not thrilled to be on HRT and my experience is just solidifying it even more.i feel like my Gyno (who is new to me with my hyster as I needed a 2 opinion after my last Gyno of 20 years...well I'll spare you details & just say all trust was lost.) is not listening to my concerns. Thanks for allowing me to vent!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2017, 08:23 AM
Re: Estradiol patch questions

I'm sorry that you're experiencing nausea. Hopefully someone who experienced that symptom post-op will come along to share from experience.

A foul taste after surgery could be due to anesthesia and it's also a symptom of menopause. Some women find that foods taste different after surgery, too. Here's a link to an article on that topic: Anesthesia | Can Anesthesia Affect Taste and Smell?.

What dose is the estrogen patch you are using? Other than the nausea are you having any symptoms? Typical menopause symptoms are night sweats, hot flashes and mood changes but there are plenty of other symptoms we can have, too. Maybe a different method of delivery would help you feel better.

If you want to try to go without hormone therapy that's your decision to make but be sure that you are at least protecting your bone health. Discuss your concerns with your doctor(s) and decide what is best for your situation.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register