passiveanarchy's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story | Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

passiveanarchy's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story passiveanarchy's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story

Unread 08-09-2017, 08:12 AM
passiveanarchy's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story

passiveanarchy's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story

Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Age at Surgery 44

I had very large fibroids so needed a partial hysterectomy. I tried lots of alternative treatements but my fibroids were too large to treat! I got a second opinion before the op. I felt so ill before and now I feel much better.

I had general anaesthetic and was in hospital for 2 days. Had to come home with a catheter. Felt pretty rough for 2 weeks! Recovered very well! Used homeopathy for this!

Sex was important to me in recovery plus no damage to the bowel or bladder. I found not being very strong afterwards very difficult and I had some emotional darkness from withdrawal from the opiate drugs. My greatest challenge was retraining my bladder and found it very strange not having periods! Was advised by gynae normal activity could be resumed after 12 weeks. Sex after 6.

My health has massively improved from having the hysterectomy. My hormones tipped over and unbalanced but are now settling down! I am also having cyclable migraines but hopefully these will pass! Besides this and developing a cervical polyp and some patchy bleeding I am very happy I had the op! I have more energy and strength and feel less bloated and my legs don't ache any more!

I would advise you to have a hysterectomy if you have large and uncomfortable fibroids with heavy periods! Don't be scared you will be looked after well! Rest and revouperation is most important! Don't rush back to daily tasks or work! Take 12 weeks to heal!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register