cgoodman's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story | Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cgoodman's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story cgoodman's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story

Unread 09-09-2017, 10:27 AM
cgoodman's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story

cgoodman's Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Story

Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Age at Surgery 45

I went through very bad PMS bleeding episodes for way too long, since my early early 20's. I had many gyn consultations and every one advised me that I was too young (age 35-45) to even consider having a hysterectomy. The last year of 2014, The periods, the pain & hot flashes, hormones we're all over the place. I seriously knew I was going through pre- menopause and it was one day I was sitting at my desk at work, bleeding through my clothes that I said I am done and demanded a hysterectomy. (2015)

Full Lap- hysterectomy on Jan 30th 2015. Anesthesia - yes. Went home 7 hours later in horrible pain & the storm of menopause came though me like a bolt of lightning ! I don't feel I should of have been released that night.

Best decision I ever made even though it was well over due.
I suffered a great deal after surgery with multiple issues,. Bloating was probably my biggest complaint. It was everywhere my full stomach area which is started under my breast bone down to the pelvic area. My legs/ feet were bloated as well. I couldn't find a pain med that could agree with me . I got very sick on multiple pain meds. Of course constipation topped it off. I stayed home for 14 weeks!!

6mths after my surgery I still felt such pain near my belly button, I knew something was wrong. It's was hernia. I felt as though with all the resting I did after surgery there was no way I caused this to happen. I seriously believe it was caused by my procedure. I was then back in the hospital having the hernia surgery. So to say the least it was a bad year of recovering.
Today 2017, @ age 48, I still go through menopause symptoms, just not as bad. I walk alot and watch certain foods. I still feel bloated many days. I chosed no hormone supplements however purchased every vitiamn on the market to help naturally.

Definitely listen to yourself when you know something isnt right no matter what age. Be your own doctor and don't let anyone tell you it's normal when you no it's not. Rest while you can on recovery , it truly matters every day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register