HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

does sex feel different? does sex feel different?

Unread 10-01-2002, 09:11 AM
does sex feel different?

hi, i had my surgery on 09/12/02 and i had it done vaginal. they removed my cervix and my uterus. i have heard woman say that it takes longer for a woman to climax. Is that true. does it hurt? also i wonder can a man tell the difference.? i have so many questions about that. i just want to make sure i can still please my better half.
Unread 10-01-2002, 10:27 AM
does sex feel different?

For me I don't have as much feeling at the top (where the cervix was) as I did before. The first couple times sex was painful, but thats gone now. My DH doesn't say there is any difference for him.
Unread 10-01-2002, 10:39 AM
does sex feel different?

For me. it has been a gradual process of getting back to "normal" - I started off with less sensation but it has gotten better over time. I also have a different sensation during intercourse due to no cervix, but we are shifting around a little from how we used to do it and it is improving. DBF says he can not tell any difference at all on his part.
Unread 10-01-2002, 11:10 AM
does sex feel different?

Hi Curiouslady,

I had a TVH, kept the ovaries and had cervix removed, bladder and recetal repairs - on Aug 15th. My GYN stretch the vagina.

I was natural lubercated and was on top. The 1st time was tight and sore and painful in a few places. We only got part way and we stopped. The next night was natural lubercated and it was tight and sore. When we changed positions, DH on top, I had many "O's". DH did notice I was tighter and that I had "O's".

The only difference I noticed is that I don't have uterine contractions after intercouse or the next day. It is wonderful not to be in discomfort or pain afterwards.

I hope this helped? Couters
Unread 10-01-2002, 11:55 AM
does sex feel different?

Of course, I can only share what my experience has been...

The sex is better than before surgery. No more pain or bleeding!

I have no difficulty acheiving orgasm (does not take longer than before).

My DH has not noticed any difference with me physically since my surgery. He has commented (to his delight) that my sex drive was stronger than before - probably because I actually really feel like having sex - no pain, no bleeding... My DH is definately still pleased.

Just make sure you do not have sex until your doctor clears you to. When you are cleared be sure to take it slowely the first few times. You may want to have some lubrication on hand if you think you may need more. (I didn't need any extra but some ladies do).

Take care.

s
Unread 10-01-2002, 02:48 PM
does sex feel different?

Hi. I'm 6 months post-op from a laprascopy-assisted vaginal hysterectomy (yay! yay! yay!). I still have one healthy ovary but no cervix. I have no problem with natural lubrication. Nothing has felt any different to me - does not take longer to orgasm - orgasms just as great. Just to let you know. Hope everything goes well for you.

~Sue

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.