Stcombs's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story | Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stcombs's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story Stcombs's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story

Unread 10-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Stcombs's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story

Stcombs's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story

Vaginal Hysterectomy
Age at Surgery 74

I had surgery for a prolapse but the surgeon completed a hysterectomy at the same time. I had the prolapse for several years and I really wish I had sought a second opinion. I assumed everything would be quite straight forward. I would advise everyone to arm themselves with lots of information before going through this.

I arrived at hospital at 16.00 hours and was not operated upon until nearly midnight. I remained in hospital for 2 nights. I went home completely constipated.

My recovery has been really difficult, Now 8 weeks post op I have not been called for a follow up. I have had cystitis and now have urethritis. I am still constipated despite taking stool softeners. I feel very depressed and cannot live a normal life,. I also have pretty constant tummy ache.
Sitting is very painful, mainly because of the urethritis, but the operation site is also pretty uncomfortable. I have not started to drive and have little information about what I can or can't do.

I had to have the repair but so wish I had been much better informed. I would advise everyone to arm themselves with lots of information before the op. I have still not returned to good health and feel extremely low.

As above. Please, make sure you know how to deal with constipation, it is so difficult. Also try to go into respite immediately afterwards, I live on my own and have found everything really difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register