HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Vaginal Atrophy and Vitamin E Vaginal Atrophy and Vitamin E

Unread 10-06-2002, 08:28 AM
Vaginal Atrophy and Vitamin E

Dear Sisters,

Hello to everyone. I am new here but not new to the pain and suffereing. Even though I had a complete hysterectomy in 2001, I have had vaginal atrophy all my life due to very high testosterone levels. All of the things you have mentioned in your posts has not helped me in any way. I have taken Premarin since the surgery but recently have taken myself off of it because of a breast cancer scare.

What I have not seen posted is what dose of Vitamin E do you use? I could not stand the pain anymore and I went out and bought 400 IU. I place one inside at bedtime and now I am starting to open one up and put it on the outside too. It is getting so bad for me that the skin will bleed at certain times and urinating is VERY painful at times too.

One thing in my search on the internet that I found useful to help with the dryness and bleeding is A & D ointment. Now this product does have some petrolatum in it. And god only knows that I get infections from everything! But for me this has worked when nothing else has and I have never gotten an infection from it. As a matter of fact.... Gosh I am going to blush here.. Instead of KY and AstroGlide, which only irritated me, I now only use A & D ointment as my sexual lubricant. We do not have to use condoms so this would not be good for those of you who do. But, just a thought when nothing else helps!

Michelle
Unread 10-06-2002, 09:44 PM

Michelle......

I am so sorry you are dealing with this....I wish I had info to share but I have no experience in this....Is your dr helping at all??????

I use ky-sliky and I take flaxseed oil and was told that is helpful????

I hope some sisters that deal with this will come along with info for you......

Did you post on the road??? the women there have so many issues and might have more info for you......

s and God bless

sis
Unread 10-08-2002, 12:55 PM

Hi Sis! Thanks for replying. My doctor has just done about everything she can for me. Seems like endless tests that come back normal. It is very frustrating because I am not getting any younger *lol*

Tommorrow I see her for the results of my pap smear. The 1st since my surgery. I pray that my pre-cancer that was inside my uterus has not spread into the vaginal walls as well. Maybe she can tell me where to go from there.

Hugs.... Michelle
Unread 10-08-2002, 02:59 PM
Vitamin E vaginal suppositories

Hi ladies I don't know if this might be helpful to you, but I was looking in a catalog called "as we change" (they have a website by the same name, www.aswechange.com ), and they sell Vitamin E vaginal suppositories for treating dryness. They are 30IU of Vitamin E each in "a soothing base", a package of 24 for $12. I haven't tried them personally but if you're at the end of your rope they might be worth a shot. They also have an herbal supplement they call "Fem-Moist" which is based on Chinese medicine and includes dong quai. Again, I have not tried them, but it's a very good catalog with lots of very very helpful products (my favorite are the CoolMax nighties for those wicked night sweats!).
I don't normally post over here (too scary!) but I saw this thread and thought I'd try to help. Hope I'm not intruding here.
s,
-Linda
Unread 10-08-2002, 04:48 PM

Thank you so much Linda! I am going to try these. In a soothing base it what I really am hoping for! And for myself and the family budget they are priced right also. Some of these things I just do not want to try because they are too pricey. And if they do not work, your stuck with the unused portion and have lost your money too.

Hugs,

Michelle
Unread 10-08-2002, 08:30 PM

Hi ya girls..

Michelle please let us know what the dr says... And I will keep you in my s.......

Linda Girlfriend Our doors are always opened here.....

Thanks for that link...I am going to check it out

Sis

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.