HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

adrenaline rushes bigtime! adrenaline rushes bigtime!

Unread 10-11-2002, 07:16 AM
adrenaline rushes bigtime!

I need help! Have a call into the Dr, but am of course needing answers immediately or I'm liable to go crazy. I went off Estrace 1.5mg. 1 week ago after being on it for 7 weeks because I was having tingling, nausea, headaches, hot flashes, which were all increasing over time. My Dr switched me to Estratest H.S. which has .625mg of estrogen & 1.25 mg. of testosterone. I felt great within 24 hrs. of switching with all of those symptoms gone, & then last night (exactly 1 week after switching) I awoke with adrenaline flushes everytime I'd start to doze off, followed by the severe hot flashes & tingling throughout body? Anyone else experienced this? Could it be because any estrace that was in my body has now cleared completely out, & I'm needing more estrogen? The adrenaline rushes scare me, because I feel as if my heart is doing something odd.

Thanks for your help,

Debbie K.
Unread 10-11-2002, 07:32 AM

Debbie,
I wonder if the rushes are from too much of something. Or perhaps the testosterone in the estratest. When I was using the testosterone cream I would feel a whoosh when I first started using it.

I'm glad you have a call into the Do let us know what he says.
Unread 10-11-2002, 07:38 AM

Hi Kim! I had the rushes during the last 2 weeks on the estrace, & they went away when I switched to estratest, but now they're back. Thanks so much for your quick reply! Debbie
Unread 10-11-2002, 08:16 PM

Debbie,
Perhaps adding some progesterone to your estrogen would help you.
I am curious why the doctor chose estratest. Did he feel your symptoms were from lack of testosterone? Or was it just the next thing on the list of things to try?
It does seem odd that your symptoms are stopped when you switched and then started again after a week.
Maybe something that would provide a more steady dose would work for you. There are several estradiol patches on the market that work well for many in the hormone jungle. Also adding some progesterone to that perhaps in a cream would help to even things out for you. I know for me progesterone was the missing piece of my puzzle. Here is a link to find a compounding pharmacist... http://www.iacprx.org/ you will need one if you decide to go with the progesterone cream. About the testosterone, if it is warranted you can get that also from the compounding pharmacist in a bio-identical form(the testosterone in estratest is not bio-identical)
Best wishes to you

Becky in OHIO

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.