HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

uterine cancer uterine cancer

Unread 10-17-2002, 07:43 AM
uterine cancer

I had a D&C and thermal ablation last week for polyps. I was called to the doctors office and told I have uterine cancer (endometrial adenocarcinoma grade II). I saw a oncologist yesterday and set total hysterectomy for Oct. 22 I don't personally know anyone who had uterine cancer and I just want to hear from someone who has. I was told I am young for this (I'm 39), but I also was too young for breast cancer at 28, but I had it, it was intraductual (pre-cancer) but the breast went anyway. Any encouragement at this point would be great.
Thanks!
Unread 10-17-2002, 07:51 AM
Tennessee

dbear,

I also live in tennessee, and also have cancer. It was not found till after my hyst. I have endocervical adenocarcinoma. You are welcome to email me at known2b@msn.com . You are not alone, although it seem like it sometime to me. Where in tennessee do you live. I live about 40 miles south west of nashville in a small town called lyles. would love to hear from you. Remember take one day at a time. I know that is hard to do, from experience.

Love and may God bless you and heal you.
Unread 10-17-2002, 09:12 AM
uterine cancer

Dbear
I am 44 and was diagnosed this past July with endometrial cancer. I was having weird, painful periods for a while, which the dr and I thought was probably per-menopause. I had a sono and it showed a poloy and a d and c was scheduled to remove it, much to our surprise the path came back a stage 1 endo c. I had a complete hyst the following week. I am going on my 14th week post op. I know this is a very scary time and the waiting is the worst part. If you have any questions please ask. You are welcome to email me or private message if you like. There are several of us on this site that have had recent surgery for endo c and are around your age. Chris
Unread 10-17-2002, 04:48 PM
uterine cancer

s dbear

Welcome to Cancer Concerns. You have come to a great forum for support, advice and hugs. It sounds like you have had more than your fair share of difficult times. The upside being you already know how strong you are!
Waiting for surgery is the worst time. I hope you check out the pre op and post op forums as you prepare for your surgery.
I hope you continue to post here.
Best Wishes.

karenann
Unread 10-17-2002, 06:37 PM
uterine cancer

dbear, I had endometrial cancer. I had surgery 3 years ago. Everything was fine as it did not go into the uterine wall. This kind of cancer caught early, you don't have to have any kind of treatments. Yes, you are young for all these cancers, but we have to deal with the cards we are dealt and in some ways it makes us stronger women. You will be fine. Get lots of rest after surgery, and pamper yourself, you deserve it! Candy
Unread 10-17-2002, 06:44 PM
uterine cancer

Hi dbear,

I just got my staples removed today, 13 days post-op (wow time flies) from TAH BSO and I had diagnosis of uterine cancer. I had never had anything more serious than needing glasses or having strep throat...but I guess it happens. My Onc/Gyn said it's the most common and most easily treated and 7 days later I was in his operating room.
My pathology was good, and we are just going to keep an eye on things but he doesn't recommend radiation in a woman "so young" (I'm 40).

I felt totally at ease with my Doctor, and his staff was great and
as long as you have an oncologist gynecologist you should be in good hands.

So far, I have had a great recovery. The Ladies here are correct when they advise, walking, fluids and rest. I got up and walked around the hospital floor as soon as I could and as often as I could and was begging to get out of the hospital after 3 days. My surgeon doesn't allow his patients to even sip hot tea before there is gas movement, you know..."down there" So as soon as you experience that - put out a news bulletin!! It is the first step to knowing things are working as they should.

But every person is different - so take things in YOUR own time, and we are all here for you! Good Luck!

Sheri_lp
Unread 10-17-2002, 07:03 PM
thank you!

Thank you ALL so much, I do feel better knowing that other "young" women have been there and are fine (or they are still recovering and took time to write) I have gotten great news from you all and I am less anxious because of your encouragement, even though I know I will have a tough week next week, I know it WILL get better. SO THANKS again!! Big HUGS!!
Unread 10-18-2002, 07:41 PM
uterine cancer

Hi Dbear!

I wanted to pop in and send some {{hugs}} your way.

I hope these next few days pass quickly for you and you'll soon be on the flip side of your surgery. Even more, I hope your surgery is swift and uneventful.

Please keep us posted on how things go for you and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 10-19-2002, 06:24 PM
uterine cancer

Hi...........just wanted to add a hug! I too had endo cancer at a young age. I was 37........I am now about one and half years post op and doing fine, except for some weight gain. Mine was a grade 2, stage 2b.....radiation was recommended for me. Please do not hesitate to write..............you wil be fine.
Valentina
Unread 10-20-2002, 05:58 AM
uterine cancer

((((Dbear)))),
I also had uterine cancer but I'm much older than you - 54. My gyn/onc said if you have to have cancer, this is the kind to get - very slow growing and verrrry high cure rates. Also, 14 years ago I had pre-cancerous cells in my left breast (I was to stupid to ask for my path report back then). The DR took out the area and I was watched very closely for 5 years including in depth mammagrams. Haven't had a recurrence in either breast.

Hang in there, keep posting. This is a great site with a caring group of women. Post if you are , :cry:ing or need a or a .
Laura

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.