HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

hysterectomy for carcinoma in situ of cervix... hysterectomy for carcinoma in situ of cervix...

Unread 11-05-2002, 08:52 AM
hysterectomy for carcinoma in situ of cervix...

Are any of you having your hysterectomy due to carcinoma in situ of cervix or uterus? I have had a cone biopsy with diagnosis of carcinoma in situ of cervix and severe dysplasia of uterus. My doctor cannot guarantee that all the pre-cancerous cells were removed with the cone, so I am having the hysterectomy. I cannot live with wondering if the cells have progressed to cancer. Anyone with similar scenarios?

Laura
Unread 11-05-2002, 08:59 AM

LT...
I am 11 days post op TAH. I had mine due to a cancerous tumor that developed in the wall of my uterus. Hyst was my only option.
I am now waiting for pathology to come back with their results to see if they got it all. Good luck. It is a waiting game, and not a pleasant one. I spent many days crying my eyes out because I thought I was dying. I'm only 30, I am not checking out just yet.
I have/had a placental site trophoblastic tumor stemming from an ectopic pregnancy. It is very rare, but luckily, very curable. Talk to your doctor. Mine had me do CT scans, x rays and lots of blood work to make sure nothing had metastisized anywhere else. Lucky for me, it hasn't. Now I'm just waiting for the word. Good luck sweetie... Keep the line of communication open with your doc, that is your most powerful tool. God Bless.
Unread 11-06-2002, 04:15 AM

(((((Dear Laura)))))

Welcome to Hyster Sisters. While I'm sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that you have found us and posted.

I know how scared you must be - my DD was diagnosed with the same thing when she was 20 (10 years ago). In her case, the LEEP procedure took care of everything, and she has had no re-occurrence. While I know that you probably feel as if you have to do something right away, your surgery isn't scheduled until mid-December, and I would suggest that you get a second opinion, just to be sure that you are making the right decision for you. Is your doctor a Gyn-Oncologist?

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

's

Karen
Unread 11-06-2002, 07:07 AM

Hi Laura, I had my hyst because of severe hyperplasia and uterine tumors that turned out to be benign. I think that getting a second opinion is a good idea. And I can send good wishes, prayers and s to you.
Unread 11-06-2002, 07:49 AM

Hi Laura!

I had 2 bouts with hi-grade dysplasia. The first was 10 yrs before my eventual hyst. At that time the Cone showed clear margins and my paps for normal until 2 yrs ago.

The second cone showed clear margins but the pap 3 months later came back abnormal again and the dr suggested the hyst. The path report from the hyst show CIS high in the canal. My gyn/onc told me that I was lucky because that lesion may not have shown up on paps. It took from Nov, 99 to Jan, 01 to get to the hyst. In between I had 2 colposcopies, more paps and the cone.

It's common procedure to have frequent follow up paps after the hyst so they can watch for abnormalities in the vaginal tissues.....considered to be very rare, however.

There's a few ladies on the Cancer Concerns board who have had their hysts for the same reason. You might want to visit that board if you haven't already.

Good luck!
Unread 11-06-2002, 08:18 AM

Thanks to all of you who replied. I have prayed and prayed and feel now that I have made the correct decision, with your help, of course!

My husband and I do not wish to expand our family any further, so losing the 'option' of having another child is not an issue for me. I LOVED being pregnant so much, that the idea of never experiencing that feeling again is saddening. What a miracle pregnancy and childbirth were to me!!!

I trust my doctor immensely (have known he and his family my whole life) and know that he has given me all the information to make an informed decision. I have NEVER had abnormal paps before and suddenly after the birth of my daughter, I had two. We went through colpo and endometrial and cervical biopsies which showed carcinoma in situ of cervix. Next, I had the cone biopsy and d/c. The cervical pathology showed carcinoma in situ and the uterine tissue showed CIN III. At this point, we feel the cells are progressing rather rapidly and for my peace of mind, I need to have the hysterectomy while I can keep my ovaries in tact (before invasion causes removal of those, too).

Again, thank you all for your support. You have been my educators, support group and lifeline for the past couple weeks. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

:angel
Laura

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.