Biest | No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-15-2003, 08:56 PM
Biest

I sure need input from sisters who have tried bi-est. The compounding pharmacist suggests I change off activella (i feel good but worry about the combination pill). My hair is still falling out and that is really worrying me. It's getting very thin on top. Also my libido is really suffering, so he suggested testosterone, also. I will have to pay all this out of my pocket as the HMO doctors will NOT even listen to what I am saying. So.. has ANYONE had an improvement in their hair situation from this HRT, or is this just speculation? He wants to put the testosterone in the biest pill and says disolve it under my tongue.. but I would rather have the testosterone in a cream. He' also recommending using the progesterone creme. I would really like to leave this activella behind..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Biest

Zesty,
I don't use bi-est, but I do use tri-est. I also use progesterone. Both of my hormones are in a cream form. This has been a successful combo for me. I don't have any problems with my hair since finding balance and taking Evening Primrose Oil and Fish Oil.

I don't recall if you've had your thyroid tested. But hair loss can be a symptom of a thyroid imbalance as well as hormonal.

I would definetly opt to have the hormones compounded separately. Should you need to adjust anything it is much easier when things are separate.

Good luck. I hope this combo does the trick for you.
Unread 01-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Biest

Hi Zesty, I have just went on the bi-est,but my doctor won't let me go on the progesterone,because I don't have a uterus.That is the old school of thought though,and firmly believe that if I can add the progesterone with the bi-est they would balance each other out.
I am 4months post-op,and have only been on the bi-est for one week,and I have been feeling pretty good,but I still would like to add the progesterone,because I think it would help with my sleep.
My hair is a little bit different since my hysterectomy,it seems to be dryer,but luckily I don't seem to be loosing any.
I wish you the best of luck with the bi-est,or the tri-est,and the progesterone. I think that they can work wonders for some women. Take care,Barbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Biest

My hair didn't get bad until after about seven months... when I had to quit the patch due to allergy to the adhesive. Once I went on oral hrt it started falling out .. it's a mess. I am using nioxin, b vitamin supplements for hair and nails, evening primrose oil and flax oil. Just wont stop drifting to the floor. I guess I'll shave it and get a wig pretty soon. I feel great. Just look pretty nasty.. LOL

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register