HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Switching from Estradiol to Biest or Triest? Switching from Estradiol to Biest or Triest?

Unread 01-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Switching from Estradiol to Biest or Triest?

My 1 mg. estradiol seems to not be working well especially recently---major hotflashes in the middle of the night Actually, I never have felt the estradiol has carried me through to my next dose----think once it passes through liver, not much left for the rest of my body. My estradiol level last month was less than 32....so obviously not getting much.

I am allergic to adhesive so the patch it out, however, I'm seriously considering trying the compounded estrogen route---either Biest or Triest.

My question is, has anyone switched from pill form bioidentical estrogen to compounded creme, and what were results?

Thanks for any input.
Unread 01-27-2003, 02:51 PM

I was in a similar situation where the 1 mg. Estrace just barely did the trick so I went up to 1.5 mg. Was a little scared but I still don't think its that high of a dose. Haven't tried the creams yet. They might get into your system better and bypass the liver. Joeanne
Unread 01-27-2003, 05:53 PM

hi shelley!
i switched from premarin to bi est and have done very well on it. i started by putting the non alocholic gel on 3 times a day(which was a pain in the butt), then a couple of months later was able to cut back to 2 times a day. i'm not sure if either the cream or gel is better, but i do know that at most pharmacies the cream is cheaper. also, you can't get wet for 1 1/2 - 2 hours after applying...i am allergic to adhesives too. good luck hon! and good job doing research.
Unread 01-28-2003, 10:58 AM

My doc has me on 2 mg. estrace daily. He says it's a safe dosage...but no more. I also switched to taking it in the evening instead of the AM. I sleep better now. Best of luck to you...I'm sure you will find what works best for you!
Unread 02-01-2003, 03:03 PM

One of the sisters by the name of Philcrow ( look up her posts) talked about letting a 1/4 tablet of 1mg of Estridiol desolve between her cheek and gum. she explained that is by passes the liver that way and it is much more effective. I'm sure she can educate you more about it.
Unread 02-02-2003, 04:13 AM

I take the dissolving type also. It is .75 of estrodiol in a gel type substance, I hold under my tongue for about 5-10min. It just dissolves. My Dr. says it goes directly into the blood system. So it does bypass the liver. I get them at a compounding pharmacy. Denise

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway