HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Any one diagnoised with Vaginal Stenosis? Any one diagnoised with Vaginal Stenosis?

Unread 01-29-2003, 07:46 PM
Any one diagnoised with Vaginal Stenosis?

Hi Ladies,

I went to my gyne yesterday and she diagnoised me with Vaginal Stenosis. When I first went to her she asked me to use vaginal dialators which I did, but I didn't feel like they helped me much. My doctor told me that I am small and very tight in the vaginal area.

Anyways, next month she is going to do a procedure that entails her making an incission at 5 and 7 O'Clock at the vaginal opening that will look diamond in shape this will hopfully enlarge me so sex will be more comfortable. She says she has had a lot of success with other patients who have had this procedure. My DH is well, too large for me and sex has been painful for me for years.

What I am wondering is, have any of you ladies had this problem and what if anything did your doctor do? Did any of you try the dialators or have the surgery that I described above?

Thanks for your input.

Mary
Unread 01-31-2003, 08:11 AM
Any one diagnoised with Vaginal Stenosis?

Mary,
I don't have any knowledge about vaginal stenosis. I saw you didn't get any replies in the so I've moved your thread to The Road in the hopes that one of the ladies there will have had some experience or knowledge about this.

Unread 01-31-2003, 07:24 PM
vaginal stenosis

Hi, I didn't have that surgery but I had radiation and this caused scar tissue and so I ended up having a lot of problems from the scar tissue. I had my vagina rebuilt as well as other reconstructive surgery due to the scar tissue. If you try the cancer concerns also there may be someone there familiar with this. People who have had a gyn cancer and radiation are told to use the dilator. Just to let you know, the dilator was difficult for me to use because it hurt just getting it in and then the opening would swell. I used a tissue expander. You put it in and then use a syringe to fill it with air and enlarge it. That worked better for me than the dilator but finally I needed the surgery. When the doctor does the incisions does she put another piece of tissue in where she does the incision to make it wider? What happens to the incision to make it wider. I was just wondering. Good Luck. I went 5 years without being able to make love to my husband and that is very frustrating for both partners. I felt like I lost my vagina to the treatments. I hope this works for you and you can get back to the sex life that most women take for granted.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway