HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

4th chemo last week and still sick 4th chemo last week and still sick

Unread 02-05-2003, 07:59 AM
4th chemo last week and still sick

It hasn't been this bad or lasted this long with my first three treatments. Thismorning I got up took my anti nausea pill and threw it up! My tail bone hurts, I have a cold sore and the fatigue is terrible. Both white and red blood counts bottomed out and I am having neupogen shots all week for the whites, but they won't give me the procrit until I am done with the neupopgen. Do they counteract each other? If the 4th chemo was this bad am afraid of #5 and 6.
Unread 02-05-2003, 08:42 AM

Debbie
I am so sorry to hear how you are feeling. I do hope and pray that everything gets better.
Unread 02-05-2003, 09:28 AM

Hang in there. My 6th and final Chemo, I felt nauseated and weak for 4 days. The harsh poisons are just doing what they are supposed to do. If your symptoms get worse or no better, call your MD. Maybe he/she can prescribe something more for you.

I know how you feel and hope & pray that #5 & #6 are not so harsh. It is a rough road sometimes but you will make it.

Pulling for you.

Ruth S
Unread 02-05-2003, 09:38 AM
Sorry to Hear You're So Miserable

First, although it's small consolation, remember you're 2/3 through and each chemo is different. The red and white counts bombing alone would make you feel awful regardless of the side effects of the chemo. Hopefully once those are fixed you'll feel better. In the meantime, rest, sip water or whatever will stay down, and just keep thinking how those cancer cells are feeling. I think we have one bad chemo per cycle--for me this was #3 this time around. Thought I was going to die a couple times and didn't care. Was miserable for a week. With the next chemo, I was fine and out the next day a bit and then back to normal the next day. This one is going to take longer again to recover from. Here's a big --it WILL GET BETTER honestly--but will take a while.
Unread 02-05-2003, 01:32 PM

oh Debbie... I do so remember those days and feel for you.

I felt the worst after chemo 6 but it was building up from the rest.. I was told that the chemo is cumulative and that is why we feel the worst as the treatments continue.

It will pass, it always does, but at the moment we think that it never will. Just rest and drink plenty of water to flush the chemo out.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Rosalie
Unread 02-05-2003, 02:27 PM

, Debbie............. Hoping and praying that you feel better soon.
Unread 02-05-2003, 05:23 PM

I am just finished chemo #3. Can you drink tea? Try some ginger tea--that helped
settle my tummy some. What are you using for nausea? I am using Zofran
and that's been great.

As for the drugs for low white/red blood cells. I am on Neulasta and
Aranesp (like procrit but every 3 wks) and got both of them this last chemo. The
Aranesp given day of chemo, but the Neulasta is given 24-72 hrs after treatment.

So far, my treatments have caused no nausea, but I know it can come at any time.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

cindi M
Unread 02-05-2003, 08:46 PM

{{Debbie}}

I'm so sorry this treatment has been so rough on you. It sure makes it that much harder when the side effects are rough.

I hope that you'll soon be feeling better and be able to feel okay for the remainder of time until the next treatment.

Hang in there gal!!! Just think on what that chemo is doing to any remaining nasty little cancer cells.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 02-06-2003, 07:34 AM

s Debbie

Just take it one treatment at a time. One day at a time.
I too found the effects to be accumulative and lasting a bit longer with each treatment. With blood counts that low, you really will feel poorly.
What are you taking for nausea? Perhaps you should let your doc know that is not working too well.
Hang in there dear friend!!! And try to keep in mind how well the chemo is working.

karenann
Unread 02-06-2003, 03:28 PM

Hope you're feeling better soon...those nasty cells are getting wiped out... and the chemo is working hard. I hope the next treatment is not as bad for you.

's

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.