HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

iron shots and bad urine smell!?? iron shots and bad urine smell!??

Unread 02-19-2003, 08:08 AM
iron shots and bad urine smell!??

Hi everybody again...I just have a question I am at number 15 iron shot (only 5 left out of 20). And I have noticed I look better feel better but my urine smells kinda bad,,,metallic like. Could I be getting too much iron??? Anybody else have this problem...I do see the dr. today (just not my regular dr.) So hopefully he is helpful. I also am due to start my LAST period,,,(surgery March 11th.) I just had a nightmare last nite, in it I was on the stretcher going down the hall and I decided to make a run for it....I jump off just be fore going to the surgery unit and was running as fast as I could which didn't seem fast enough. And I got to the elavators and was bagging on the door, and I could see two orderly running after me. After I woke up I sat up and wondered why didn't I just push the elavator button!!?? It all sounds funny now,,,,but I sure felt panicky in it!
Unread 02-19-2003, 08:56 AM
iron and close dates

Hi, I'm also taking iron supplements, 300 mg / day. The doctor had said to take one or two a day, I’m having a hard time just tolerating the one a day. I have always had a problem with constipation, even with following a good diet and taking stool softeners etc. the constipation is always there to some extent. I'm having a rectocele repaired on March 12th, along with a TAH/LSO and possible bowel resection for extensive endo on the bowel.
The iron has made my bowel movements almost black and also very strong smelling. I know this is normal because even if I eat alot of liver or spinach, the same thing happens.
I see that your date is the day before mine. I also had a nigthmare last night that woke me in a panic…I can’t recall the particulars but I know it had something to do with my surgery. Last night my 16-year-old daughter and I were watching Home Improvement on the TV and Jill (the wife) was having an emergency hysterectomy. The show ended with her on the operating table and she had gone into shock and her dh (Tim) was worrying out in the waiting area…I think this is probably why the nightmare for me but I know I’ll be tuning in tonight (the episode was continued….) to see the happy ending. Maybe I’ll sleep better tonight. My daughter said, you don’t have to worry mom that’s not what you are having done and I said “yes, that is what I’m having done” along with other surgery. I guess she thought they were just going to try and remove the endometriosis.
I hope all goes very well for you on the 11th…my thoughts will be with you.
(((((hugs)))))) Trish
Unread 02-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Hey do you dare me!!

Eventually for my last iron shot I was thinking of taking my own bandage (a yellow happy face one). Do you think the Dr. would think I was wierd. The girls at my work think I should put a different tattoo on my butt everytime I go...LOL really I don't think I could do that. It would be pretty funny!!! Maybe I will were a thong too!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway