new to this board | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new to this board new to this board

Unread 02-23-2003, 09:02 AM
new to this board

hello i am new to this board and was highly advised to come here. i just beat cancer agian for the 5th time. i had to have hyst due to cervical cancer. i am afraid of the cancer returning in a new spot and i fear that if it does i wont be able to fight it again. what can i do to make sure i stay strong enough to heal and be ok from hear on out.any help or advise or anything would help. i am not sure what i am doing so please bear with me. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Welcome Tonya

I've had another type of cancer (ovarian). To beat it--well, go for all your doctor appointments and tests. Eat as well and healthily as you can and get exercise (like walking, etc). I need to take my own advice. AS for the strength to fight it--of you've fought it off five times, that's more than most cancer fighters I've known. I was proud that I fought the first recurrence (still am-=-last chemo likely 3/3) but if you can do it 5 times, you've got it in you for #6--IF that time comes. Hopefully the hysterectomy (and any followup) finally beat the beast.
Unread 02-23-2003, 12:03 PM
new to this board

s Tonya

Welcome to Cancer Concerns.
You sure have been through alot for your young age.
Hopefully your fighting cancer days are behind you.
Many ladies post here that share your diagnosis.
Hope you keep in touch.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2003, 01:38 PM
questions

You've come to a great place, tonya. The women here are so helpful & supportive.

I hope I'm not being insensitive, please tell me so if I am. I have a question about your cancer (I am facing the same thing). Were these recurrances of cervical cancer before or after your hysterectomy?
Unread 02-23-2003, 01:41 PM
questions

THE reacuurances were before the hyst. however there is always a chance i can get it again. that is what is scaring me the fact that even after all this i can still get it again.
Unread 02-23-2003, 01:57 PM
new to this board

tonya, I don't know if this will help you, but it helped me.

Just yesterday, I spoke with friend who had a TAH for cervical cancer 30+ years ago. She has not had a recurrance since. She said she hasn't taken extraordinary measures to stay healthy. She just tries to eat right, doesn't smoke, exercises, sees her dr. regularly and doesn't think about it.

Did you have a radical hyst?
Unread 02-23-2003, 04:49 PM
Cancer Head!!

Tonya
I think all of us here can say that we know or feel the same way. Once a person has been dx with a cancer it is hard to loose the fear that it will return. I was dx with endometrial adenocarcinoma (uterine cancer) last summer. The surgeon and my gyn have both assured me that it was caught early and there was no lymph involvement....Statistically i should be fine, but that awful cancer head bursts in every so often and can tear you up emotionally.... I have shared these fears with my gyn and she said that with every good appt things get better.
Unread 02-23-2003, 05:12 PM
new to this board

Tonya,

I can sure understand your fear of recurrance after 5 times. I think I will be battling the ear long after the cancer, but the good thing is that havin had cancer makes you aware and you can make sre the doctors check you frequently. I think it best to eat right exercise, try to have a positive attitude, not let cancer run your life. It is hard. Since my diagnosis not a day goes by wit out m thinking of cancer but at least now a few hours go by when I don't think about it
Unread 02-23-2003, 09:24 PM
new to this board

As long as your cancer is in the early stages, the hyster will most likely cure it. I don't think that anyone who has ever had cancer will be worry free. Good luck and hopefully this will be your last reoccurance.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register