HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

3 weeks post-op with fever 3 weeks post-op with fever

Unread 03-06-2003, 02:42 PM
3 weeks post-op with fever

Hi ladies-

It's been a few days since I've been on here because I had to go back to bed! When I got up Tuesday I woke up with a terrible case of the shakes and a fever. I called my dr. and went in to see him. He said he didn't see anything wrong and checked me and said everything internally was o.k. also. My question is I am taking antibiotics and go back tomorrow to see him but I am still running a fever. Should I be concerned? I am having a little pain above my incision but he said that it was just probably from my muscles having to take over because of the stitches were disolving. I don't want to sound paranoid but that spot has burned all day. Any suggestions? Also my husband has been insisting that I put vitamin E on my scar. I don't think it will hurt anything, but will it help? Thanks for your time!!!

Chuckie
Unread 03-06-2003, 04:10 PM
3 weeks post-op with fever

(((Chuckie))),
I would ask your Dr first before using the cream just to be safe Did your Dr know why your running a fever? The reason for the antibiotics? Pls mention that burning as well...Good Luck at your appt tomorrow Pls let us know how it goes...(((hugs)))
Unread 03-06-2003, 05:40 PM
Another fever sister here!

Hi Chuckie,

I was getting ready to post a question about fevers and I saw yours. At least we're not alone, right? I've been having a sporadic low-grade fever (up to 100) for the past 4 days. I'm 3-1/2 weeks post-op. I was feeling GREAT until this time last week when I think I really over did it. Since then I've been really tired and feeling yucky, sort of like the flu. My temp ranges anywhere from 97 to 100 degrees, with sweats and chills too. I called my dr today and the nurse said not to worry unless it goes above 101, but it's still very weird and a bit frustrating, especially since I was doing so well.

Take care and I hope your fever goes away soon and for good!

PS That's really smart thinking about the additional tummy pain because of the stitches dissolving. I noticed the same thing and was wondering why... then I noticed today that the stitches were starting to dissolve. It's hard to tell because most of my surgical tape is still there. I'm cutting the ends as they loosen, but the part over the incision is still stuck!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.