HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

WAAA I want a tub bath! WAAA I want a tub bath!

Unread 03-06-2003, 06:32 PM
WAAA I want a tub bath!

I so would love to sit in the tub for an hour or two and just soak. I am in Minnesota, and that is how I get warm during the winter! It has been cold here for the last few days, and boy a nice tub of hot water would feel so good on these arthritic joints! I have a permanent back injury that is really bothering me, and the hot water would help that too!

Oh well, if I am lucky, only 4 weeks to go to that bath, but by then it will be spring!
Unread 03-06-2003, 06:53 PM
WAAA I want a tub bath!

I had my 2 wk post-op yesterday and got cleared to take a bath. What a joy! I live in Northern California in the mtns. and its been cold, not like Minn. but in the 20's - 30's. I know what you mean about warming up, I sympathize with you You'll be soaking before you know it
Unread 03-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Check with your Doctor

Hi Grey:

Check with your doctor! I was cleared too at 2 weeks post op (TAH) to take a bath... and it was lovely!.. I live in SNOWY, COLD NH.. and whoa.. that felt so good.. been bathing everyday since!

Good luck...!
Unread 03-06-2003, 06:58 PM
WAAA I want a tub bath!

I had to wait the full 6 weeks for a tub bath with my TAH. It varies so much from doctor to doctor. But my doctor said it would reduce the chance of infection by introducing any contaminated water to my insides. I didn't want to take any chance of getting an infection that I could have prevented. I waited until I was cleared, then I really enjoyed the soaks. AAAAaaahhhhhhhh!
Unread 03-06-2003, 07:40 PM
WAAA I want a tub bath!

Hi all

My Dr. also made me wait the full six weeks before a bath.He also felt it reduced the risk of infections.I also live in Minn. and it was winter, I missed my warm baths but figured I wait just a little longer so I would finally feel good.
Unread 03-06-2003, 07:54 PM
WAAA I want a tub bath!

I know what you mean, I want to soak in the tub so badly! I give my son his bath at night and I just stare longingly at the water WISHING after I put him to bed that I could go back into the bathroom and climb into that tub and fill it with hot hot water and soak until I am all wrinkley.....oh what a TREAT it will be once I can do that again!!!

Jennifer
Unread 03-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Knee deep

....My calves hurt, so I filled our spa tub up to mid thigh level and knelt in the swirling water, my arms etc. Just kept torso/bum area above the water. It helped the aching joints a bit. But made me jealous of Sports Med centers where they have spas for different body parts.
Unread 03-06-2003, 11:07 PM
WAAA I want a tub bath!

Jennifer
I am right there with ya. I would LOVE to sit and soak. I take (or should I say took) a long bubble bath every night before bed. magical relaxation technique for me. when I get the go ahead, I am going to sit and soak for hours I think... change the water from time to time to keep it hot. maybe a few candles.... a glass of wine...... well, anyway, I have a few more weeks to go, but I got plans!
hang in there jennifer. maybe time will go fast.
Julie

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.