HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Chronic Endometritis - Help Need Info Chronic Endometritis - Help Need Info

Unread 03-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Chronic Endometritis - Help Need Info

I thought I'd get the best advice on Chronic Endometritis by posting on the "Post Hysterectomy Board". I haven't had a hyst yet - I'm just one month past my third D &C, second Hysteroscopy, this time with a Laproscopy & Laser Surgery (age 45). When I was being wheeled into the operating room I had given consent to have a Hysterectomy at that time. I have complete faith in by Gyn & put it in his hands. I had been in so much pain for what seems like two years now - and simply exhausted !! I was so relieved to wake up in recovery room & find out that I didn't need a Hysterectomy.

A few days later I was called by his nurse & told that I again had Chronic Endometritis. I'd had this about 6 years ago - when I had the last D & C. I've been on antibotics for three weeks now (I asked to double the usuall two week dose ). Anyway, at my three week check up the doctor seemed appologetic for not going ahead & doing the hysterectomy at that time. He hadn't seen a good enough reason for doing it - until getting the pathology report. Apparently mine is the worst case of this he's ever seen. And the only recourse when this does (and most likely will) return is the hysterectomy.

So OK - I'm good with that - way past ready! But would sure like to hear from any of you seasoned ladies who've had experience with Chronic Endometritis. Hell, it's only been a month & I'm already starting to feel "raw" again. I'm reaching the end of my rope
Unread 03-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Chronic Edometritis

moxie2674,
Hey! This is Netter. I am in a similar situation. I have my endometrisos taken care of once. It is back again. I am in pain like you and tired of dealing with it. I am considering a total hyster myself due to the endometrisos and recurring ovarian cysts. You are not alone. I have been doing some research and talking with other women who have are had a hyster. The main response I have had is do research and make sure that you are really sure that you want to do this. I am pretty sure I want to do this, just have to ask my doctor a few more questions. Will check back later with you when I find out more. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone.
Netter
Unread 03-10-2003, 07:56 PM
Endometritis - vs - Endometriosis ??

Thanks for your support Netter - I sure do understand what you're going through. But I'm still trying to figure out "Endometritis". This is different than the endometrosis that you're experiencing.

But, like you, I've been waiting and now realize that "I Want to Be Free of This !!"

Thanks for you're support & input. I'll be wishing the best for you too ! Hang in there - We're Gonna Beat This !!
Unread 03-10-2003, 08:46 PM

moxie2674,
I just wanted to stop by and give you some cyber s , s and tell you about the links I found that may help you.

MEDLINEplus Medical Encyclopedia: Endometritis

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=76143Hyster Sisters Forums - Endo - Websites

Hope this helps.
God Bless you
s
Unread 03-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Evil Endo!

Hi!

Just wanted to share a bit of my story.

I'm 38, no biological children & 7 weeks post-op from TAH/BSO (total hysterectomy).

This surgery was the toughest decision I've ever made in my life. I ABSOLUTELY did not want to give up on the infertility treatments (even tho my DRS had).

But the pain, oh the pain. Severe Stage 4 Endo & ovarian cycts (the chocolate type, that rupture just for the heck of it, that causes side gripping, sreaming in pain, PAIN!)

Anyway, after many months of living thru the pain, long discussion with my hubby, , and therapist - I decided to set the date.

I still have some regrets. But I am pain free! (except for the residual pain from the healing process).

Take your time in deciding and talk to your DR. Get a second opinion and possibly see a therapist. This is a tough thing to do, but to be pain free.......

Michelle
Unread 03-10-2003, 11:47 PM
OOPS

Did I say "after living several months in pain"? I meant, after living several years in pain. Approximately 20 years!

But, it's over! I'm pain free (for the most part) YEAH!

Michelle

Unread 03-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Endometritis

Hi Moxie --

I had one bout of endometritis (postpartum) that lasted about 4 months, until a D&C and IV antibiotics overnight in the hospital. But at that point, my uterus became utterly destroyed by imbeded endometrial glands (adenomyosis, which can be a complication of endometritis). 2 years later, after many other failed treatments and severe pelvic pain unrelieved by maximum doses of narcotics, I ended up with a SAH. I had not finished my childbearing, and consider this one of my greatest losses, but the pain absolutely wrecked my life.

My problem began with multiple courses of inadequate antibiotics prescribed by the first Dr/nurse practitioner I saw (GP). I have since learned that sometimes it takes a combination of antibiotics, covering both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, or even IV antibiotics, to really cure endometritis. If I may be so bold, as I wish someone had been for me, you really need a second opinion. This is always advisable before major surgery anyway!

Good luck,
Loretta
Unread 03-11-2003, 02:55 AM

Endometritis is infection/inflammation of the endometrium or uterus lining. Have you thought about having an endometrial ablation? I had one for endometritis 3 years ago and it worked well. At the same time I have endometriosis so I've ended up with the hyster anyway, but the ablation did give me relief from the pain of endometritis. They basically remove the lining - either by heat or microwave - there are lots of techniques. However, it's not always permanent - mine grew back eventually.

Hope this helps - it could be that a hyster is the right thing for you - you sound as if you've had enough, but its always worth considering all your options

Unread 03-11-2003, 05:28 AM
Me too

Hi guys.. I am one of those rare cases where the endo is "the worst they'd ever seen".. after a lifetime of drugs and shots and tests and surgeries... (I was always scared to have a hyst although they wanted to do me at 20)..I got CIN3 (cervical) and that forced the hysterectomy... it is a personal decision! BIG TIME.. and only one you can make.. I was living with the endo... and dealing ok.. as long as they left my hormones alone.. it was pain or nutty'ness (and that's a nice term) for me and I always took the pain...

My ovaries...are TRASHED but they work.. so I demanded they be left in..against everyone's orders they were!...and today..almost 5 weeks post.. I have NO PAIN and NO NUTTY'NESS!... so it's personal.. but so far (and yes, I know the endo will get me but I want to hold out as long as I can) I'm soooo happy that I did this!

No kids here...BECAUSE of the endo.. if by chance I could have conceived via methods.. it would have been life threatening to my child and myself...

Hugs to both
Unread 03-11-2003, 08:54 AM
endo

I had to have afull hysterectomy at the age of 24 -I am now28- because of endo. I know how bad the pain is and I am so sorry. Your body will tell you when its time for the hesterectomy,and from the sounds of it ,its screaming it. Just keep doing what your doing and geting all the info you can. At the age of 24 I didn't know to talk to anyone.I was lucky and had a good doc.If your going to have a full hysterectomy-overies removed-please study up on HRP. There are a lot of things I wish I would have known about. Breast cancer andHRP? HOT FLASHES, WEIGHT GAIN, LOW LIBILO just for starters. Now I maybe having more trubble with HRP because of my age. One other thing ,ask about donating your oun blood incase you need a bood transfusion, I had to have A blood Transfusion after the hesterectomy and hurd its common.

best wishes,
firey

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.