HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Hysterectomy Party! Hysterectomy Party!

Unread 03-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Hysterectomy Party!

A little levity

Hi ladies,
I've recently been to 6 baby showers for my very near and dear friends. They all know what I'm going through and that my surgery is coming. I think they all feel rather subconscious around me with their little bundles of joy.

So in order to make them feel more relaxed I announced at the last shower that I want a Hysterectomy party!

I'm thinking we can play games like "what to do with all those left over tampons..." so ladies put your creative hats on, lets have some fun! what else can I suggest to my loving yet a little confused friends!

They always thought I was a bit of a nut, now its confirmed

Best wishes to all our princesses heading to the castle, hoping you all have pleasant stays and very speedy recoveries!
Unread 03-24-2003, 04:28 PM
Hysterectomy Party!

I love it!!
Unread 03-24-2003, 04:38 PM
Hysterectomy Party!

(((elisabeth))))
what a wonderful idea !, there are a couple of posts somewhere in here on what to do with left over tampons and pads ! you may want to do search so you have some ideas for your party !
have a great party hon and let us know how it goes
love and hugs
denise
xxx
Unread 03-24-2003, 05:51 PM
Hyster shower

Tampons make wonderful ear plugs if you're a racing fan...

How about an artsy neckace and earrings make from tampons strung end-to-end?

The little Dutch boy would have had an easier time stopping the leak in the dike with a tampon or two...

Paint with 'em...

Doorstops...

Oh...Oh...Oh!!! How about a garland for the Christmas tree???

SOMEONE STOP ME!!!
Unread 03-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Love you attitude!!!

What a great idea!
Unread 03-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Tampon angels

If you buy the book, there are instructions for making Tampon Angels for your friends. You can hand them out as "favors" at your party. Also, there are ideas for your pads in the book.
That is the "Hystersisters Book." I bought one and read it cover to cover post-op. It was hilarious--plus it gave me many good tips on how to become a good princess.
Remember: "Don't overdo and no housekeeping, especially vacuuming!"
Unread 03-24-2003, 08:30 PM
hyster party

Another woman in the castle at the same time as I was and for the same thing had told the nurse that she had a going away party for her "equipment". I think it is a wonderful* attitude to have and makes it seem not so scary and serious as it is.

As a side note, for left over pads and tampons, if they are unopened, take them to your local VFW. There are plenty of women serving in our military and the VFWs are doing care packages for our military. Sometimes it seems that people forget that we have women serving over there as well as the men.

**hugs**
Unread 03-24-2003, 09:33 PM
the VFW, what

a great idea! I never would have thought of that. Thanks!
Unread 03-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Slippers?

I so very much wish I had kept the e-mail I encountered recently...It was a pun at Martha Stewart, being creative by using pads to make house slippers! One for under the foot and another to wrap around the top of your foot connecting to the one under your foot! Can you imaging the comments you would get wearing them for your trip to the castle? :-D
Seven more days and counting......
Unread 03-24-2003, 09:55 PM
It ought to be fun

I'm trying to think....

For food: You could do pretzels for cramps, or hot salsa dip for hot flashes, or stuff like that.

For games: You have to do some sort of role-play or story telling with mood swings. Maybe a game about buying "products" -- you know, covering them up in your cart, or sending your husband or teenage daughter to pick them up.

I'm not the creative type -- but I think it could be so much fun. If you have it after your surgery...make sure you're healed. I think you and your friends are going to be laughing hysterically!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.