HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Uterine Oblation Uterine Oblation

Unread 03-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Uterine Oblation

It has been recomended that I do this procedure to stop recurrent, persistent bleeding. The particlar variety recommended, called "nomasure" is the 'hot water balloon' technique -- flat baloon inserted through cervix, baloon filled with water, water superheated for 8 minutes, water and baloon removed. This results in a cauterizatin of the endometrial lining. Has any one had this procedure? What has been your experience with recovery?
Unread 03-30-2003, 05:22 PM
hello

hello there a friend of mine had this done and she was up and going in a short period of time .she is doing really good from it , but I asked my doctor about it and they told me that it was only maybe good for 5 years and it may not stop the bleeding even when you have it done ..

everyone is different and it all depends on the person and the problem they are having .........

I had a Tah I am 29 ys and they left my ovaries , I had heavy bleeding low iron levels..
i wish you the best and ask your doctor if it will work for you .

I do not regret having a hysterectomy at all , but recovery is a lot longer..

I will be thinking of you .

sarah
Unread 03-30-2003, 11:30 PM
Uterine Oblation

Hi Avis,

I am 6 days post-op from Lap. surgery. I had adhesions removed, removal of RSO, D&C, Hysteroscopy, and the Therma care balloon therapy.
So far I am feeling pretty well. I am still a little sore, but I have 4 incisions from the Lap. Dr. said that I would have pink to clear watery discharge for a little while. I did and still do, but a panty liner takes care of it. She said that when you have a burn that blisters it will seep. That is what happens to the inside of your uterus. I told DBF that I felt like I had a baked watermelon in my belly! I did not feel any burning. just a little warmth. Nurse and Dr. told me not to use a heating pad for cramps.
I have pretty much felt back to normal for a few days now. I have restictions on lifting, but that is due to the lap too.

I hope this helps a little. Best wishes and blessings.
Sherri
Unread 03-31-2003, 04:43 PM
endometrial ablation

Hi -

I had a thermal balloon ablation 2 months ago, and I feel very good. No period at all the first month after surgery. I think I had a period a couple of weeks ago, but if I'd blinked I would've missed it! Seriously, just a few streaks of blood on the TP and a couple on a minipad. What a difference from before, where I was soaking through overnight pads in a half hour.

Here are links to a couple of other postings about this:

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=94484

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...t=thermachoice

Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions.

Debbie
Unread 03-31-2003, 04:59 PM
some it helps some it doesnt

I had that procedure done and it didnt change anything about what was happening to me...My gyn. said that ,and I dont remember the precentages, some it helps stop or slow down the periods and the other percent it doesnt faze at all..I was the latter of the 2...My recovery was none..Had the procedure spent to hours in recovery in the hospital then was able to go home..No pain nothing but still had my period..So that was the last thing they tried before I had my hysterectomy on 3/19...So I wish you luck on your procedure and I hope your the percent that it works for... God Bless

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.