HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Unread 04-05-2003, 09:48 PM
Side Effects

Its now 12 weeks post op and everything seems ok other than the "swelly belly" and a slight weight gain of about 2kg

Can anybody tell me in plain english what side effects that I should/will/may see, and can I reduce their effects by any form of medication (vitamins etc etc etc)

I know that these may seem simple stupid questions but I'm in China and trying to talk to the doctors here is useless as their English is usually poor and my Chinese even poorer!

I know that I shouldn't really be asking for advice but I really don't know where else to ask whilst I'm out here........
Unread 04-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Side Effects

Hi showly

It sounds to me like you're doing great. The belly will gradually stop swelling - might last for awhile or maybe go away soon. Of course you know what to do about weight gain!

I don't remember if you had your ovaries removed or not, but if you did and are on HRT you might notice symptoms like dry vagina, moodiness and irritability, etc., if they need adjusting. There are lots of Chinese herbs that seem to be useful for such things.

Other than that, you really shouldn't experience any long term side effects from this surgery. Of course it's possible, but if you're fine now there isn't any reason to think you won't just keep on feeling better and better.

Joselle
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:35 AM
Side Effects

I don't know if you had your ovaries removed or not, but you might want to check out the following link -- it has lots of great info if the side effects you are talking about are menopausal symptoms:

http://www.geocities.com/NoLinks/index.htm

Good luck to you -- I hope you continue to feel well --

Ann
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
Unread 04-06-2003, 10:13 PM
Side Effects

thanks for the support.... just what you have told me makes me feel so much better .

Unfortunately like I say talking to doctors is very difficult due to the language barrier - normal day-to-day converstaion is ok but anything more than that is hard going

I would love to see the Geocities web site but unfortunately the Geocities site complete is blocked, either by the ISP or Chinese censorship, I don't know which

Thanks again....
Unread 04-07-2003, 11:14 AM
Side Effects

I just wanted to point out the search feature here, in case you are not aware of it. Just click on search (next to home) at the top of the page. Then type in whatever you might want to look for.

You can always ask questions here as they arise.

Also, you can look through posts in the archives. All very informative.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.