no sex drive | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-11-2003, 06:20 PM
no sex drive

ok, here goes...I had a total hyst last May. I'm doing great except that I have little to no sex drive. My dr told me that this would happen so he put me on Premarin. Several months later, he switched me to Estrace to help with certain symptons. Well, it did help with stuff life night sweats. I'm always hot. They're not hot flashes. I'm just always hot. Anyway, I can deal with that. What I can't seem to handle is the no sex drive thing. He's given me two testosterone shots (one in November and one in March). They did nothing. I don't feel anything. Several women at work told me about a cream called Androgel. They said that would help me alot. I thought I would try the shots first and I don't see a difference by June, I'm gonna try the androgel. Has anyone out there ever tried this stuff. Or can you give me some ideas or suggestions of what I can do to help this. I think my hubby is getting abit frustrated with me and so am I. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2003, 06:33 PM
no sex drive

Hi debrag I'm sorry you are still having libido troubles after all this time. There are a few ladies here who have tried Androgel, hopefully they will be along to share.

If you are thinking of going that route, I'd encourage you to try a compounded natural testosterone cream or gel rather than the Androgel. The cost would be about the same or a little less, and the dosage would be customized for you... Androgel is a commercial product made for men so it is a bit strong, and women must use a pretty tiny amount which is hard to regulate.

If you want to explore the option of having a compounded cream or gel made, you can talk with a compounding pharmacist. If you don't know where there is one near you, go to www.iacprx.org and use their pharmacy locator. Compounding pharmacists are very knowledgeable and many of us have found them to be very helpful partners in working on our HRT issues.

I hope this helps... let us know what you decide to do and how it works for you, OK?
s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register