HysterSisters Articles for Hysterectomy
SHARING IS CARING
Top 25 Concerns Women Have about Their Hysterectomy
From the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles List
What are the top concerns women have regarding a hysterectomy?
Many women who are facing a hysterectomy have similar fears and concerns. These can involve questions about recovery, intimacy, and the surgery itself.
Whether you are anticipating your surgery and simply wanting to know how to prepare for it, or whether you are a bit worried about how you will feel once it is over, you are not alone. Realizing that others are wondering the same things you are can help you know you are not alone on your hysterectomy journey!
Here are the top 25 concerns your fellow HysterSisters have regarding a hysterectomy.
1. Will sex be the same?
2. How long will I hurt?
3. How long will I take to recover and feel better?
4. Will I still feel like a woman?
5. How do I know if I'm doing the right thing having a hysterectomy?
6. Should I have my ovaries removed with my hysterectomy?
7. How long will I be in the hospital?
8. How long is surgery?
9. How can I prepare?
10. Will I go into menopause and need HRT?
11. Will my vagina be shorter?
12. Will I have periods after a hysterectomy?
13. How will my uterus be removed?
14. Will my life change after a hysterectomy?
15. Will I gain weight after hysterectomy?
16. Will I grow a beard after my hysterectomy?
17. Will I have prolapse because of a hysterectomy?
18. How soon can I return to work after a hysterectomy?
19. Can I lift after a hysterectomy?
20. When can I go back to the gym?
21. Should I keep my cervix?
22. Do I need a binder?
23. How long will I bleed after a hysterectomy?
24. How long will I need help?
25. Can I get pregnant?
You can find the answers to these questions by reading through the forums and articles
here on the site. You should also discuss your concerns with your doctor before heading into the operating room.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support.
01-22-2015 - 09:46 PM
SHARING IS CARING
Do you have a question?
If you have a medical support question related to this article, come JOIN US in our HysterSisters Community Forums. You will receive helpful replies to your questions from our members. See you there!
Options to Hysterectomy
Hormone and Menopause
Intimacy after Hysterectomy
Fitness after Hysterectomy
Grief and Loss
Ask A Doctor
Find a Surgeon
|Theresa Holladay, M.D.
War Memorial Hospital Women’s Health
509 Osborn Blvd., Suite 120
Sault St Marie MI 49783
|Clifford Rogers, M.D.
The Everett Clinic, Dept. of Surgery and Gynecology
1330 Rockefeller Ave, Suite 120
Everett WA 98201
425 339 5424
|Debra Richardson, M.D.
Gynecological Oncology Clinic - SW Med
2201 Inwood Road Suite 106
Dallas TX 75390
|Eric Grossman, M.D.
903 Sheppard Road
Voorhees NJ 08043
|James Kondrup, M.D.
161 Riverside Drive
Binghamton NY 13905
|Tiffany Jackson, M.D.
7217 Telecom Parkway #290
Garland TX 75044
|Shaghayegh DeNoble, M.D.
20 Wilsey Square
Ridgewood NJ 07450
|Ken Sinervo, M.D.
1140 Hammond Dr., Ste. F6220
Atlanta GA 30328
|Mayra J. Thompson, M.D.
5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dept OBGYN
Dallas TX 75290