Hysterectomy HysterSisters

Hysterectomy HysterSisters (https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/index.php)
-   Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) (https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What Next? (https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/showthread.php?t=179126)

Trickie636 12-24-2004 10:49 AM

What Next?

Ok, here is an update on muah! The G.I. doctor FINALLY called me back. He called me in a prescription for Pamine, which is a muscle spasm medicine used to treat ulcers, acid indigestion and such. He also ordered a cat scan to see what is there, he stated is something was there we would have to go in and remove it, if nothing was there, we will work on pain management. So, I went and had the cat scan done yesterday morning and afterwards I went to my regular family physician, WHICH I LOVE for a second opinion. In the meantime I did call my GYN doc also and asked them what I could do. The nurse said that basically it sounds like a GI problem because I have nothing left inside me, that would be there problems.

I went to my reg. doctor and she was amazed at all this. Get this now, I had the TAH on Oct. 19th. They did a ct scan on me on Oct. 23rd, which is when I returned to the hospital for an infection. They also did another ct scan check-up in Nov. Ok, now the one on Oct. 23rd stated this, THE IS A LARGE MASS ON THE LEFT OVARY. :grr: THIS IS NO OVARY IN THERE GOOBER! It was taken out on Oct. 19th. THe ct scan I had in Nov. said everything looked good except for little pockets on the left hand side, which were thought to do divert. So, my reg. doc looked at me and said, "you know what? ALL THIS IS NO GOOD TO ME"! I don't blame her. So, she said that she wanted to check my gallbladder and appendix. I did a urine test, which came out normal. She ordered an ultrasound, which I will do Monday morning at 8am. She gave a presrcip for Levsin, which is basically the same med. my GI doc prescribed to me. She then said she would wait for the GI doc. ct scan results to come back and told me she would call me that afternoon. She called me around 5pm and said that my pelvic area looked fine EXCEPT for little pockets on my RIGHT side, which is DIVERTICULOSIS NOT diverticulitis! She said, the diverticulosis was nothing and don't worry with it. It doesn't cause pain or any other type of problems, it could be fixed with a fiber diet. So, she then asked me if the GI doc office called me yet with the results since she had the results already. I told her no and that it didn't surprise me considering this doctor let me go almost 48 hours in pain without calling me back! So, basically we are just waiting for the ultrasound to be done on Monday morning to see if it my gallbladder causing my constant pain on the right hand lower abdomen. She stated that if it came back normal she would probably order a surgeon to do a lap. to go back in and see what the pain is from.

All this stuff has got me going crazy and it is starting to make me feel like this pain is in my head!!! I tried the levsin, pamine and OTC meds last night for the pain but it didn't help. I ended calling the reg. doc on call and he THANKFULLY called me in some Lortab .5. I only took half of one and the pain VANISHED!!! So, who knows what is going on, any ideas would be great. As said, I am beginning to think it is all in my head!!!

I am not sure what to do...I am to the point to where I want to tell them...forget it, I will deal with the pain!! Especially is my ultrasound comes back normal..I mean come on what else could it be?

Anyhow, thanks for reading and listening to my whining. I am just out done with it all!!!! At least my reg. doc acts like she cares and wants to get to the bottom of this! The only thing is she doesn't believe in pain pills because it only masks the symptoms and pain, as she says. Which is good BUT in a way that is bad b/c of what kind of pain I was in last night. Maybe it will all work out and I will get some answers soon!

Thanks again and please any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome!

Merry Christmas To All!
Keri

harley_kat 12-24-2004 10:58 AM

Keri, honey, dont ever give up!! I have learnt that in the past couple weeks with my own stuff and with others....Hang in there and know we are behind you on this....We are here to support you however we can...You need to get answers and they are out there....

Hugs to you
Kat

marianwrn 12-24-2004 11:09 AM

(((keri))))) you poor thing... you could probably glow in the dark with all the xrays and everything, I know, I had them too when they were trying to see what was causing my pain this past summer.
Do not let anyone make you believe thta your pain is all in your head...you are not crazy...hang in there and fight for yourself, cause it only looks like your GP is doing that right now.
An exploratory lap doesn't sound like a bad idea sometimes, just to find out if anything is going on in there. I tried that Levsin....that isn't worth the bottle it is in. Theywent that route with me too.
I knew I had adhesions, the pain was the same and basically all in the same place as the previous time that I had surgery for adhesions.
It wasn't until numerious blood tests, ct's mri's that a colonoscopy showed that my large bowel was twitsed from ..guess what...adhesions!!!
Then finally my doc listened to me and agreed to do the surgery. You have to be your own advocate and be in control of your body and health.

I pray that they find answers for you soon...keep fighting the good fight girl!

Babs100 12-24-2004 11:19 AM

In your head

Keri - The pain is not in your head! The problem is the doctors. They just haven't found what's wrong yet. Hysterectomy can cause a lot of complications, plus each of us reacts to nerve damage differently. Perhaps the laparoscopy will turn something up. I'm still in pain and I had my surgery one week after yours. The doctor here recommended laparoscopy. B.

pl1234 12-24-2004 12:50 PM

Re: diverticulosis--While I'm sure your doctor saying "diverticulosis was nothing" meant that the diverticulosis was not causing your current problems, please be aware that it can get worse and cause problems. The high fiber diet is essential. My first colonoscopy showed mild diverticulosis and the GI doctor said that happens to everyone. Unfortunately, I didn't take charge of my health and find out more about it. One year later I was hospitalized for a perforated diverticulum. The follow-up colonoscopy showed the diverticulosis was much worse and I had to have surgery.

My colon surgeon (different doctor than the one who did my first colonoscopy) also feels that it is important not to get constipated and strain as that causes additional problems. She was very has been very good about educating me on what I need to do to prevent any further problems. I wish I had had her for my first colonoscopy. I probably wouldn't be recovering from colon surgery now.

Hang in there, sounds like you have a great family doc on your side.

Trickie636 12-26-2004 07:28 AM

Well, another update here. I was in so much pain last night that I actually went to the ER. ONLY the pain I was having last night was in a different spot that what it has been in. I was hurting so bad starting under my breasts all the way down to below my belly button. It was mostly on the right side. I went in to the ER, got in right away and they were wonderful up there! They took lab and did an xray and the ER doctor said that the problem is my gallbladder. They couldn't do an ultrasound b/c I had eaten within the last 6 hours so he wasn't able to tell me if it was stones or not. I still have my ultrasound appt. tomorrow morning with my reg. doc. So, they gave me a pain shot and sent me home with pills. He told me to go ahead and follow up with my reg. doc. and do the ultrasound in the morning. So, hopefully I will have some answers tomorrow. As far as the pain this morning, I am still hurting quite a bit but not bad enough to take any meds JUST YET! You wouldn't believe the pain I was in last night. It started at 4pm and did not quite until I was given the pain shot at 8pm! Wish me luck in hopes that I will find an answer tomorrow. Thanks to all for your support and kind words!

Thanks,
Keri

debimzadi 12-26-2004 07:33 AM

I'm so happy that you got everything worked out. Hang in there and keep us posted on your ultrasound!
*pinkie*

harley_kat 12-26-2004 07:40 AM

Ack, that gallbladder pain is the worst!! I hated that when mine was so bad...I got to the point really quickly where I could not eat anything. If they suggest the lap surgery, DO IT ASAP!! It was no where near as bad as the hyst, I was up and around 2 days later, and moving heavy boxes within the week, which I do not reccomend!! Ma bad!! I am still feeling the 'phantom' gall bladder pains this morning from my stupidity last night, and I am strongly sympathizing with you!!

Hugs to you
Kat

Trickie636 12-26-2004 07:44 AM

Harley Kat, what exactly did your pain feel like? Is there anyway you can describe it for me? I am jsut curious if the pain I am having is similar to what yours was.

Thanks,
Keri

Maralyn 12-26-2004 09:08 AM

Keri,

what an ordeal! :hug:s to you. Hang in there, you've almost got the answers. Please come back and let us know the results of Monday's test. At least the last pain med is helping. May this time pass quickly for you.
Maralyn