For those who have been through this.. - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

For those who have been through this.. For those who have been through this..

Unread 09-19-2007, 05:54 AM
For those who have been through this..

PMSr-yes, for me the emotional outbursts are truly gone. Over the years the pms had mellowed but apparently not enough. Within 2 months of surgery both my dh and my dd remarked that I was more STABLE!! Not that I was unstable but..... I never thought it was that bad but I guess it was, and if my dd is any indicater it was really bad. We all avoid her when she's PMSing.
Yes it is true that you will still get all the symtoms if you keep the ovaries-they're the source for all the femal hormones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2007, 11:29 PM

The pressure in my pelvis from fibroids was gone the second day after my surgery. The surprise was that urinating was easier! I didn't realize that my bladder or urethra was pressured causing a slowing in my emptying my bladder. I now feel great peeing! I never knew this was a problem until it was actually resolved. I'm just waiting to heal completely and taking pain med only at night to sleep. I had an LAVH.
Unread 09-24-2007, 02:03 PM

Hi kellnette!

I hope you are finding the support and information you are looking for! Since you are wanting to hear about positive experiences I will not share my very much less than positive experience. I do hope reading the positives are helpful for you but do remember that not all of us have a positive and happily ever after story.

((Ladies)) as a reminder, please remember to reply to the OP (original poster) on a thread. If you have questions of your own about yourself, please feel free to start a new thread. If you have a question for a member other than the OP, please find a thread belong to the OP where you can post or PM/e-mail that member privately -- keeping in mind that the site guidelines ask that members keep all support online. This way the OP receives the support she is needing and each member also receives the support they need!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2007, 06:32 PM

Hi Kellnette,

To be honest, it's everything everyone else has posted. Hopefully, what you're seeing is the totality of it being over. I'm 12 days post-op and so incredibly glad that I did this that I'm kicking myself for waiting six years! I already feel better - despite the six inch incision across my lower belly - and I'm so incredibly relieved. That's the biggest part for me to fully comprehend... how huge the relief is. It's like the biggest wait being taken off of your shoulders.

Good luck and we'll see you on the other side!
Unread 09-27-2007, 03:49 PM

After 10 weeks post op I am still not feeling 100% but I do feel better than I did before my surgery. I had a huge fibroids and heavy bleeding had just started a couple of months before my surgery. I still have tenderness in my belly and swelling and my energy is not 100%. The Dr. says it takes about 6 months to feel normal, like I was before I had surgery. At age 47 that is not something I wanted to hear but I know the older you get the longer it takes to heal. Hang in there. You will feel better by and by.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register