Not Scheduled Im scared with lots of questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Im scared with lots of questions Im scared with lots of questions

Unread 04-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Im scared with lots of questions

I'm scheduling surgery tomorrow. I'm 27 and have other health issues. I have Fibromyalgia and found an article on here that my pain will increase and that scares me more then I was. I also have Arythmia and know ill need clearance from my Cardiologist, but I don't know what questions to ask. I'm scared my husband wont look at me or love me the same. I feel alone in this as no one I talk to seems to care. Someone on Cafemom sent me here and I'm wondering can anyone help me with questions to ask and help me be less scared?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Re: Im scared with lots of questions

Hello there! I'm sorry you are having to deal with this at such a young age!! I can't relate to fibromylagia, but I can share my experiences and try to help with questions that you may have in regards to having a hysterectomy. This website has a TON of information. Have you checked out some of the links or navigated through the site much? Sending lots of hugs your way!!!
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meka40 View Post
Hello there! I'm sorry you are having to deal with this at such a young age!! I can't relate to fibromylagia, but I can share my experiences and try to help with questions that you may have in regards to having a hysterectomy. This website has a TON of information. Have you checked out some of the links or navigated through the site much? Sending lots of hugs your way!!!
Ive only gone thru a couple. Its not easy doing much with my little ones running around. I don't know what to expect and feel so alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswunder View Post
Ive only gone thru a couple. Its not easy doing much with my little ones running around. I don't know what to expect and feel so alone.
I'm so sorry you are scared. ((((Hugs)))) I had an oblation done at 30 and it was hard emotionally. You are younger than I was at age 27.

Remember that you are amazing because you are you. You have so much to offer the world and I can say that with confidence having never met you.

I have prayed that you would experience peace and be able to get your questions answered.
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:24 PM

Well you are definitely not alone!! You should start with the Pre-Op link at the top of the homepage. Once you get there, go to the Questions to Ask tab. There are a lot of questions to get you thinking of what will relate to your situation. Then when you have time, or later in the evening when the kiddos are sleeping, start clicking through some of the articles and info. tabs...that should get you started. Then just keep posting and asking for help, we'll be there for you...and once you talk to your surgeon and get an idea of what type of surgery they want to do, you'll be able to get even more specific. Hang in there and just take one step at a time!!!
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Elaineous View Post
I'm so sorry you are scared. ((((Hugs)))) I had an oblation done at 30 and it was hard emotionally. You are younger than I was at age 27.

Remember that you are amazing because you are you. You have so much to offer the world and I can say that with confidence having never met you.

I have prayed that you would experience peace and be able to get your questions answered.
Thanks. It means a lot to me.
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meka40 View Post
Well you are definitely not alone!! You should start with the Pre-Op link at the top of the homepage. Once you get there, go to the Questions to Ask tab. There are a lot of questions to get you thinking of what will relate to your situation. Then when you have time, or later in the evening when the kiddos are sleeping, start clicking through some of the articles and info. tabs...that should get you started. Then just keep posting and asking for help, we'll be there for you...and once you talk to your surgeon and get an idea of what type of surgery they want to do, you'll be able to get even more specific. Hang in there and just take one step at a time!!!
He told me two weeks ago it would be laporoscopic. Thanks
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:54 PM

(((hugs)))

You're in the right place.

I was really scared, and full of anxiety.
You WILL get through, and you'll be surprised at how much better you feel. Any increase in pain is only temporary for most. Everyone I talked to beforehand told me how much better I'd feel, and to tell you the truth, after only a week, I do feel better. It's a "well being" feeling. The pain from surgery is temporary, and can be managed.

Here's some tips:

---Start by using the link to "Hysterectomy Checkpoints" in the menu at the top of the screen. watch the videos, read the articles. Knowledge of the unknown will take away any fears, and give you ideas for questions to ask your dr. which will make you feel much better!

---Before I was a princess, being scared made it so I had a hard time sleeping. Instead of fighting it for hours, make a date to come here and do some research. You're going to be up one way or the other, might as well make it time well spent.

---Stay out of the 'post hysterectomy support' threads in the forums. Because it is surgery, and it is not comfortable. When someone posts there as a rant, it can be scary pre-op. Ask me how I know.

---It's going to be okay. Your DH loves you. That's why he married you.

Keep your chin up!
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:56 PM

You've come to the right place. By the end of the week you'll be an expert! I see the other girls have given you some ideas and links to check out. Get on here when your kids are sleeping and you'll find your answers. If you have internet/email on your cell phone you can also access hystersisters from there to look up stuff when you only have a quick minute. We know your scared, but you are no longer alone! You can still do research and ask your doctor more questions later, so don't panic tonight if you don't find all the answers you seek before your appointment tomorrow! Big hugs!!
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:43 PM

You are NOT alone here. I was petrified before my surgery and had lots of questions. The princesses here are very helpful and supportive. Ask questions and we will answer them. The pain after sugery IS managable. They give you a morphine or demerol pump after surgery. My husband finds me more desirable now than before the surgery. The surgery did not change how he feels about me. He knew how much pain I was in before and is very happy that I am pain free. Sending (((hugs)))!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register